does anyone have sleep apnoea?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

does anyone have sleep apnoea?

Postby winnipeg » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:41 am

Hi
I have now been told I have mild to moderate sleep apnoea. Does anyone else have this? Wondering if I still have to wear a CPAP? My dad has severe sleep apnoea and has to wear one. I dont have a hospital appointment until September. I have found out it could be hereditary, and also doesn't help that i've put on a lot of blubber the last few years. It's not just that I have the apnoea, its just that it's yet another thing wrong with me, I seem to try and drag myself out of a hole, dust myself off, and something else hits me!!!
winnipeg
UKFM Member

Re: does anyone have sleep apnoea?

Postby denys » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:45 am

Sorry winnipeg, no I dont but I remember reading about other members who also suffer so hopefully you'll get some advice soon :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ms Malaise » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:09 pm

I'm not sure but for the past few months I sometimes find myself waking up, sometimes several times throughout the night, with palpatations.
Ms Malaise
UKFM Member

Postby winnipeg » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:19 am

It may be worth checking out with your doc?
I never feel like I wake up, I sleep like a baby at the moment as I'm on mirtazapine (but coming off them to go back onto citalopram.) You just have to sleep with a thingy clipped to your finger, for two nights, just to see if you stop breathing at night. I'm awaiting my appointment with the sleep doc, to see what happens next.
winnipeg
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems