Hives were caused by side effects of tabs!!!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hives were caused by side effects of tabs!!!

Postby winnipeg » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:50 am

Hi
Since March, I've had hives three times, the longest bout lasting 6 weeks. I just wanted to tell you if anyone else has these, that the pramipexole I was on for R.L.S was causing them!!! My Dr tried allsorts of antihistamines and steroids (not nice side effects either!!!) Then thought about taking me off the pramipexole, and it was them!!!! Ive been hive free for nearly 3 weeks now! Thank god. They also seemed to make me snort and snore, which has improved (but i still been diagnosed with sleep apnoea) I'd been on these tablets for around four years. I think possibly that because I'm having my tablets changed a lot lately it maybe interfered with the prami. somehow. It seems a lot of tablets we take, can cause hives, so if you get them repeatedly, it may be worth asking your Dr about looking into changing tabs.
winnipeg
UKFM Member

Re: Hives were caused by side effects of tabs!!!

Postby denys » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:56 am

thanks for the advice winnipeg :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: Hives were caused by side effects of tabs!!!

Postby winnipeg » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:35 am

Thanks denys, I always try not to read all the side effects, but I shall start now!!When I had the steroids I was on around 32 tablets a day, thats gotta mess you up somehow. :crazy:
winnipeg
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems