murmur

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

murmur

Postby livermore » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:24 pm

Hi guys,

have had my letter from neurology today(i always ask them to send me copy of what they have sent my GP)and he has said that i am midly photophobic(which i knew) and that altho my pulse and heart sounds were normal i have a soft systolic murmur!! Does anyone else have this??

i think its all innocent though. Still no letter about my mri or EEG yet fingers crossed that wont be too long.

Michelle. x
livermore
UKFM Member

Re: murmur

Postby Lubilou » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:48 pm

Systolic is the 'top' reading of your blood pressure. When the heart is at the most 'stressed' point. It can be relating to lots of things like the aortic valve (the main artery leading in to the heart) and 'stenosis' of this (narrow or restricted) or connected with anemia, pregnancy, or hyperthyroidism. There are many types of systolic murmurs and after the ECG they will be able to discuss what type it is and why. It's important that you don't worry about all the medical terminology and possible diagnosis as all the advice and 'information' on the internet isn't individual to you.

Much love, Claire x
Lubilou
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems