help...skin pain/itch

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

help...skin pain/itch

Postby meyer12 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:31 am

hi im new to the forum and have Fibro and RA. I am currently taking paracetamol x2, tramadol x2, nefopam (every 4 hours untill max dose in a day is reached) and, trazodone 150mg at night. ibprofen 3x a day.

Over the past month ive noticed my elbows have gradually become more sensitive, cant wear anything that is short sleved because even the air in the house is painful on them. then over the past few days ive had itchy painful skin on my legs, and this morning ive got a buring sensation on my head and face, shoulders, arms...everywhere. The friction of my clothes are making me feel like ive got sunburn/ carpet burn.

What im wondering is... Has/ does anyone have this? could it be another symptom am getting or could it be becomming sensitive to the meds???? (ive been taking the above meds for around 2 years)

Any advice would be really appreciated xxx
meyer12
UKFM Member

Re: help...skin pain/itch

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:08 am

I take it you haven't changed washing powder/liquid, fabric conditioner, shower gel/bath foam, shampoo and conditioner etc recently?? If not then it could be a sensitivity to something that you're taking that is developing :facepalm: :facepalm: If it's getting worse, irritating you more/unbearably or just generally worrying you, it might be worth having it checked out and see what can be done to try and ease it :grouphug: :grouphug:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: help...skin pain/itch

Postby barbara1972 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:06 am

You need to go to the doctor and get bloods for liver funtion and thyroid. itchy skin and hot and cold sensitive is part of fibro but the elbow problems i would put down to thyroid.
barbara1972
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems