burning scalp

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

burning scalp

Postby scoke » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:54 pm

something new I've been experiencing for a couple of months now is a burning feeling on my scalp - it's mostly on the right side, forward, between my ear and eye, but higher, in my hairline and above though it sometimes comes down to my cheek or even along my nose - most often tingling rather than burning then. Sometimes on the left instead or as well and sometimes associated with a headache (not usually very bad but sometimes starts with a violent stabbibg pain) in the same sort of area. Doctor doesn't think it's anything - during the time I was suffering this I had an MRI scan for a hearing problem and the doctor agrees that anything nasty would have been picked up so we concluded it was probably yet another FMS thing (tho, just discovered i also have CFS - might it be that?). Anyone else had it? It comes and goes but i've had the burning at leat once a day since it started....
scoke
UKFM Member

Re: burning scalp

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:27 pm

Fibro pain comes in allsorts of ways... burning/stabbing/aching etc and cfs is chronic fatigue and i have this also and no i wouldnt say its cfs i would say its more of a fibro symptom if your GP reckons its nothing else
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Amberwillow » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:13 pm

I get the 'burns' as I call them. I have one on my right thigh which hardly ever goes away...and one on my right buttock. It's like a scald, really sensitive to touch and sore. Last week, after working for two days.. I woke up and my scalp felt like I'd burnt it with the hairdryer.. it was agony. By the next morning the soreness was slightly less.. and then in the evening (after a busy day at work) the burn was back again.. so sensitive I couldn't even run my fingers through my hair. I think it's all part of FM and my Rhuemy said the same. I hope it settles for you :)
“Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.”—Thomas Merton
Amberwillow
UKFM Member

Postby scoke » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:32 pm

Thanks - I do occasionally get burning pains elsewhere but this has been quite persistent and the associated pain is a drag. i'm always relieved to hear that others fet similar things - sorry - not wishing it on you all - just reassures me!
scoke
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems