Candida could be causing my symptoms

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Candida could be causing my symptoms

Postby Sazzle » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:20 pm

:shock:

Saw a Naturopath yesterday and she said a lot of my symptoms could be due to candida. Also my diet is pretty pants anyway *hangs head in shame*. I have some herbs to boil up and drink 6 cups of it a day, tastes ok, pretty bland. Also got hefty probiotics as well as some mega multivits, been taking the multivits for a couple of weeks.

No gluten products which means cutting out quite a lot of stuff as wheat seems to be in EVERYTHING.

Supposed to cut down my coffee intake as well as that may contribute to the tiredness (yep thought that was odd as well) but she hasn't said to just stop cold turkey, she is a friend after all and said she couldn't be that cruel. :coffee2:

GP had said he concurred with me that it was probably fibro and the symptoms do fit but then a lot of the symptoms overlap with candida as well.
Alannis Morisette if you don't want those 10,000 spoons I have a knife, wanna swap?
Sazzle
UKFM Member

Re: Candida could be causing my symptoms

Postby Lubilou » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:16 pm

Candida? As in Thrush?

Garlic is my saviour when it comes down to it :)
Lubilou
UKFM Member

Postby Sazzle » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:41 pm

A lot more than thrush, which I have only had once I think and definitely don't have now.

symptoms can include constipation, diarrhoea, abominal pain, headaches, rectal itching, memory loss. mood swings, muscle and joint pain, sore throat, congestion, nagging cough, numbness in the face or extremities, tingling sensations, night sweats, severe itching, clogged sinuses, burning tongue, white spots on the tongue and in the mouth, extreme fatigue, arthritis, depression, endocrine problems.

The bold ones are the ones I have!

This naturopath I know through being an ex colleague of one of my colleagues and more recently a friend. She wouldn't BS me.

Symptoms worsen in damp mouldy places apparently, yep that would describe the flat I lived in for 5 1/2 years until a few months ago and I noticed I didn't feel as bad once was out of there but still got most of the symptoms even to a slightly lesser amount. Depression has eased off a fair bit.
Alannis Morisette if you don't want those 10,000 spoons I have a knife, wanna swap?
Sazzle
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:35 pm

Hi Sazzle
Are you on any prescribed meds from your GP? you should just check that its safe to take the new stuff the naturopath has given you in case it interferes with them.

:goodluck1: with changing your diet, be careful not to change everything and cut out everything at once as that can do you more harm than good as well. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Sazzle » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:19 pm

Don't worry she is a qualified nurse and she knows about the prescribed medication so won't be a problem with interactions.

Told her I would try and stick to it as much as possible but heck am only human. I guess it is normal right now to be craving chocolate and a glass of wine right?
Sazzle
UKFM Member

Postby Livefortheday » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:50 pm

I have suffered from regular bouts of thrush since being a teenager. So much so that I have a repeat prescription for medication. Do others suffer recurring thrush? (and just in case anyone asks, no my husband is not re-infecting me :oops: )
Livefortheday
UKFM Member

Postby Lubilou » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:28 pm

Is it vaginal? Peel a clove of garlic and make little nics in it (so the 'juice' can escape), using a needle and thread loop some cotton through the clove. This in effect is a garlic tampon. Every evening (before you go to bed) pop it inside (you need a fresh one every night!). Try it for 1 week. After a night the symptoms that i suffer with have gone, but it take s the week for the infection to be killed. :D
Lubilou
UKFM Member

Postby Sazzle » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:17 pm

Been absent from here for a while sorry. Well the cutting out wheat gluten and potatoes seems to have done wonders, along with the probiotics and mega vitamins and the pau d'arco tea. Feel like I have more energy and so far not had a flareup for 6 weeks. An unexpected bonus is having lost 14lbs in 5 weeks too.

I am now allowed to reintroduce foods. Had a nasty ibs attack after some pizza but seem to now be able to eat small amounts of wheat products with no problems. I will still be keeping the wheat to a minimum though.

Have now been given some magnesium and calcium supplement as well and she suggested a vitamin D supplement as well as my mood suddenly dropped a week ago and started getting panic attacks. This time of year through to about February has been hell for me for the past 2 years. Think some of it is psychological, after the first time part of my brain associates this time of year with feeling bad. She did say that a Vitamin D deficiency can do this too. Need to get her to tell Neals Yard which one she would like me to take as they have to order it in specially.
Sazzle
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems