weight gain + constipation

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

weight gain + constipation

Postby animalhouse » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:53 am

i have noticed how much weight i have put on in the past 3 months and over the last year.

i had put a stone on in the last year, then another 8lbs in the last 3 months.

i thought i rarely ate anything as we all do as had not appetite but was probably in the vicisou circle of what i did eat was bad for me.

snacking on M+ms and other things i could grab quicly wiht little prep or cheese and crackers.

but i put in constipation and weight gain on the web as i seem to have a problem with this that i have ignored or occasionally bought a packet of senna tablets then stopped taking them when i thought i no longer needed to.

anyway an artilcle i read said someone could hold up to 10lbs of waste if they were constipated, these seemed to make sense to me as i have felt 9 motnhs preanant for the past year.

i am not saying i know anything about this but if others were haveing similar problems this is something i had not realised/considered so will be going to docs to get something to help with this.

please check online yourself for the right information.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Re: weight gain + constipation

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:30 pm

:wave:

Im off to my GP tomorrow for that same reason... bloating and constipation. Also with this i feel sick/uncomfortable all the time and sluggish and any tiny bit of food i eat bloats me right out which dont do my poor rib cage much good!

My stomach has bloated so bad i look like im about to give birth :yikes: mind you iv been under alot of stress and this i know contibutes to IBS
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby animalhouse » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:24 am

i have tried to be really good all week and try and do 1/2 exercise everyday, i sometimes manager 2 x 3 mins on step, for jogging i walk on spot or when my back starts to give i sit on my gym ball and jump up and down.

i have also tried to not each as much carbs or dairy and fee l a ibt less boated and think i have lost a couple of pounds although it fluctuates by day,

now i am in bed all exercised out as if i do this exercise regime i don;t have the energy or pain threshold to do anything else.

i wsih a magic wand could just wave it away. :(

i have tried to combat my choc addiction with a cereal bar, or a bount over 2 days and more freuit instead.

must get myself to docs though. :cup1:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:33 pm

well i saw my gp and came home armed with a bag full of meds for my stomach :yikes:

Spasamol to help relax the tummy muscles, sachets of powder to give me a good clear out and some lanzoprazole to help bloating and reflux!!

:fingerscrossed: it helps lol...

I suppose i had also cut out eating heavy stodgy foods as im sure iv wheat intolerance which can cause my symtoms.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Azz » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:41 pm

*Lisa* wrote:well i saw my gp and came home armed with a bag full of meds for my stomach :yikes:

Spasamol to help relax the tummy muscles, sachets of powder to give me a good clear out and some lanzoprazole to help bloating and reflux!!

I suppose i had also cut out eating heavy stodgy foods as im sure iv wheat intolerance which can cause my symtoms.

I am sure I have an intollerance to wheat too, it seems to make me even more constipated :dunno:
Hannah xx

To live life to the full, is to be true to myself. By being true to myself I live life to the full :)
Azz
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:58 pm

*Lisa* wrote:well i saw my gp and came home armed with a bag full of meds for my stomach :yikes:

think will get off to docs this week and ask for one of your goody bags.

had 2 boxes of sennas and been taking 3 at a time 2 or 3 tiimes a s day to get me going and said shold not go above stated does :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: you'd think i'd be on look all day but nno such luck. :shooting: [chocolate]
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby sweet princess » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:11 pm

I can relate to a lot of the above and wanted to get my hands on some senna for it. But I had psyllium husk at home which is good for constipation and for general cleansing of the colon. You have to drink enough water though or things just get clogged up inside.

Try starting with 1/2 heaped tsp of psyllium husk in a glass of orange juice and let it sit for 2- minutes while the husks expand. It tastes like Tropicana Orange juice with the bits in it. You can increase the dosage if you feel it was sufficient. Don't go over a tablespoon though. Don't ever try to eat it dry as it expands on contact with fluids. You don't want that happening as it's going down your throat.
sweet princess
UKFM Member

Postby karen42 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:22 pm

Hi
I suffer from constipation also my gp gives me colofac capsules i have ibs.If you have ibs taking laxitives will give you bad spasms so i wouldnt advice you to take those.Ask your gp for lacolose syrup it isnt like a laxitive it just helps you go naturally.Or try a stool softener that also helps
karen42
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems