Chronic Rhinitis

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Chronic Rhinitis

Postby Bebbe » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:28 pm

Hi :wave: I was just wondering if anyone suffers from chronic rhinitis I have to use a steroid spray every day to stop me from choking in my sleep without it my nose runs when I'm asleep and has completely blocked my airways a few times which is very scary to wake up to find you can't breathe, But what is worrying me is if I go into a deep sleep I still wake up choking, My doctor has prescribed Amitriptyline to help me sleep but I don't want to take it what if I choke in my sleep and I can't wake myself up.(I forgot to ask my Doctor) :(
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Re: Chronic Rhinitis

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:41 pm

I suffer post nasal drip and have a nasal spray

My daughter has severe chronic rhinitis and she is on a nasal spray plus an antihistimine.

Also maybe ask to have a test to see if your allergic to anything which maybe a trigger if you have not had one.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Bebbe » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:52 pm

Thanks for the reply, I use Beconase nasal spray, I haven't had an allergy test my Doctors just seem to prescribe medication rather than getting to the bottom of what's causing it but I will definitely ask at my next appointment.
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:02 pm

My daughter was under the ENT with it and had her bloods done by them.

I personaly IMO recommend flixonase if you feel beconase does not help, ask GP
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:43 pm

My daughter was on both of them (separately) at different stages of her life, she was under the ENT and was found to have an 11 month hayfever season as she is allergic to trees as well as ordinary pollen. She had her adenoids out and it helped a bit so she just takes an antihistamine now and doesnt need the sprays so its worth checking on the allergy bit :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby heathermac » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:30 am

Hi i have sinus problems and post nasal drip. I have found a sinus wash a lot better than the sprays mentioned as i got used to them!
You can buy sinus wash kits at boots and online. They come with a nasal wash bottle and saline solution. Hope this helps :D
heathermac
UKFM Newbie

Postby Bebbe » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:44 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, I have already tried a nasal wash it didn't work for me
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby sastek » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:35 am

I also suffer from sinus problems etc. and take Nasobec spray It doesn't really help much discomfort wise, but does stop me from constanty getting sinus infections
sastek
UKFM Member

Postby sheebee » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:49 am

I too suffer with this and use beconase spray. I constantly feel like i have a cold nose drips really mad and then goes really stuffed up. The spray certainly helps :D :goodluck2:
sheebee
UKFM Member

Postby Bebbe » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:17 pm

I have done some research on amitriptyline and post nasal drip and apparently these tablets dry you out so you don't have so much mucus, just wondering if these tablets have helped anyone with post nasal drip.
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby Bebbe » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:17 pm

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone suffering from chronic rhinitis has had to go under general anaesthetic. I have to have an operation to remove a dermoid ovarian cyst and I'm worried about choking as I wake up choking if I go into a very deep sleep.
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby sweetleaf2 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:19 pm

Hi I have chronic Rhinitis and underwent a major operation in feb (unrelated) I took my antihistimine (after checking with the hospital) which was prescribed to me at another hospital after a severe asthma attack. I made sure told my anaesthetist,both about the fibro and the rhinitis/asthma, and there was no problem at all.
Just be sure to tell all the relevant people, and all will be fine. :-)
I`m not over the hill I`m still climbing it, thats why I`m so tired all the time
sweetleaf2
UKFM Member

Postby Bebbe » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:22 pm

Thanks sweetleaf2 for the reply and for putting my mind at rest :-) I have a health check up on Tuesday to make sure I'm fit and well to have an operation so I will be mentioning all my health issues.
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby Bebbe » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:31 pm

I've had my check up,the nurse spoke to the anaesthetist and he said that I will be incubated through out the operation and when I come round if I do choke I will be concious enough to wake my self up. :fingerscrossed:
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:46 pm

Hope the advice from the nurse helps settle some of those inevitable pre~op worries and jitters Bebbe :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Hope the op goes well and you have a good recovery :hugs: :hugs: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems