cold hands

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

cold hands

Postby karen42 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:27 pm

Hi all
does anyone on the forum suffer with cold painful hands,My hands are always so cold i also have a perment tingle in my hands.And i also wake up some mornings with painful pins and needles in my hands
karen42
UKFM Member

Re: cold hands

Postby cherryblossom » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:16 pm

Hi Karen, I get painful, cold hands too. No particular time or place. :( They just get very cold, ice cold, and very painful.Not cold together, often just one or the other. They just suddenly feel very cold and they hurt. The cold isn't always all over, sometimes just a patch, but it is cold to touch. My feet get the same. I often say to the kids and oh that it feels like an ice cold knife going thru them. It can be the middle of summer or winter, it doesn't matter, and I can be walking about or in bed and they still feel like it. Nothing seems to warm them up no matter what I try. But if my feet are cold at night or it's not too warm then I wear socks in bed (so unromantic!) I haven't gone to the docs about it, but I will ask him next time I see him which isn't too long. So sorry, I think I know how you feel but don't know why. Maybe you'll have better luck. :dunno: :hugs: Take care and keep warm. Cherry
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:08 am

Do they change colour at all Karen, or are they just cold and tingly??
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Loobizaz » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:32 pm

Hi Karen,

I get cold painful hands - this is because I have Raynauds Syndrome. Sometimes they go blue/purple, sometimes they go white and numb, then they go red and get really painful when they are warming back up.
I am currently getting tingling in my hands, but this has not been a previous symptom in the last 20 years?

It's awful having cold hands all the time - it makes the rest of me feel cold! I am always wrapping them round a hot cup of tea - then getting chilblains! :cup1:

It is probably worth checking with your doctor as waking with painful pins and needles doesn't sound good!
Loobizaz
UKFM Newbie

Postby loubie » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:16 pm

hi karen
please go and get it checked out with gp :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Jan42 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:55 am

Hi Karen
I have reynauds too so know how you feel :hugs: I've had it for 30yrs now & it still manages to catch me out
:facepalm:
I've also started with new pins & needles that don't seem to fit in with the usual protocol of reynauds, but they don't seem to be as bad as the ones you describe. Mine just 'tingle'.
After reading the other posts on here though, I tend to agree, getting checked by gp is maybe a good idea. I shall be doing the same.
:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: it'll be just another to persevere with :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
That is to say, nothing else underlying :facepalm:
try to have a smile on my face even if I'm not smiling on the inside
Jan42
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:10 am

I was wondering about Raynauds as well Jan, with the description. I used to work with someone who suffered really badly with it, just like Karen has described.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Jan42 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:57 pm

It can get really painful Fluppy, when they 'thaw' out. Its my knuckles that really suffer, like a sledge hammer has hit them if I brush them against something, but I'm not convinced that is the reynauds, as with the pins & needles if my hands don't go numb. It seems to be different to the reynauds. Those things have just started over the last 5 yrs (the knuckles) & pins & needles maybe a year ish not sure when that started.
I gave over mentioning to doc after arthritis tests were done, as I was told nothing there, I was to just cope with it! Not any more though. I will on my next appt be mentioning it again, just to rule in or out if reynauds does get to this extreme. :dunno:
I hope you get sorted soon too Karen :fingerscrossed:

:hugs:
try to have a smile on my face even if I'm not smiling on the inside
Jan42
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:13 pm

The work colleague who suffered with it was in absolute agony with it all the time. I can remember her hands actually changing colour in front of me :yikes: :yikes:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby karen42 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:55 pm

Hi all
Thanks for the replys my hands do sometimes change colour they sometimes have a tinge of blue and red.And i have pains in them a lot As well.Especially in the top of my hands.The constaint tingle drives me mad :(
karen42
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:27 am

Get it checked with your GP :goodluck1:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby karen42 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:53 pm

I have seen my gp before about my hands he told me its all down to my fibro :( My gp told me he had a friend who was a pilot and he ahd to give up is job when he got fibro as it affected is hands realy bad
karen42
UKFM Member

Postby bigbird » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:19 pm

Hi,
i have raynauds too although it's more in me feet.my toes are blue more or less all the time in fact they are black as we speak! :yikes: i've only been diagnosed with fibro but i've had raynauds for a long time,i took it off the backof pernicious anaemia so it might be worth getting a blood test to check for that because it as simple as having regular vitamin b12 jabs.just a thought....x
bigbird
UKFM Newbie

Postby karen42 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:22 pm

Hi all
I also have had swelling on the top of my hands it looked like fluid between the knuckles and i also had swelling on the top of my feet and my feet would go dark purple.My gp put me on furosemide tablets for it they are fluid tablets that has helped with the swelling i had put still have all the other probs still we carnt win can we
karen42
UKFM Member

Postby karen42 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:37 pm

Thanks for the replys im going to get myself a thick pair of gloves for the winter months
karen42
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems