Coughing

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Coughing

Postby shrimp » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:37 am

Hi all
Not been around for a while, but trying to read up

Last year I got a really bad hacking chesty cough, after several weeks of extra backache, wheezing etc went to GP who said chest totally clear no infection and cough should go soon, it took another 3 weeks or so........anyway couple months later same thing, and now again for 6 weeks had this awful cough, i wheeze, use OH inhaler and helps a bit, not coughing up any yukky stuff, tried cough mixture, i am now really wondering if this cough could be due to fibro attacking throat/ lung muscles some how?? just seems strange that when it happens it lingers for several weeks yet produces nothing but more pain and need to go to the loo before i leak !!! TMI sorry...

anyone else?
shrimp xx
I like to make people laugh xxx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Re: Coughing

Postby cherryblossom » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:55 pm

Hi. I had a cough last year and the year before and I've got it again this year. It's not like a normal cough and like you say it lasts for weeks - in one case mine lasted 15 weeks! I did find on another fibro site that it seems this sort of cough is fibro linked. My gp told me the same thing. Sadly I've not found anything that helps :( Take care :hugs: Cherry
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Re: Coughing

Postby lolabolla » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:33 am

Yes I have the very same type of cough myself and have had this one for about 8 weeks. I went to my GP's on Wednesday to pick up a fit note (can't manage to get into work but that's another story) I asked him if I should up my meds because of the pain but completely forgot :facepalm: to ask him about this cough.
There's no yukky stuff either just a very bad tickly cough which is so persistant it's not doing my IBS any favours either....oops! :oops:
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems