Bad Teeth ??

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Bad Teeth ??

Postby shrimp » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:46 am

Hi all

My defence system totally knocked out by endometriosis for nearly 20 years and continues, and then fibro came along to damage me some more, i seem to be totally falling apart, last year i had to start wearing glasses full time due to fibro annoying my eyes, get all the usual aches pains tiredness etc........but now also teeth going bad....also brush 2 or 3 times a day, i have one front tooth loose, i had wisdom tooth thru last year which had to be pulled out as rotten couple months ago and also one of my chewing teeth had to be removed which had gold filling in it .....could fibro somehow be attacking my gums ???? or am i losing my sanity totally now ?? :crazy:
thanks
shrimp xx
I like to make people laugh xxx
shrimp
UKFM Member

Re: Bad Teeth ??

Postby denys » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:58 am

Hi Shrimp I have found I have problems with my teeth as well but dont know whether its related to fibro :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: I have had a number of abcesses and lost 4 teeth because of it :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:07 pm

hi shrimp :wave:
it affects my teeth real bad sometimes, i do have very sensitive teeth
and now an then i could go through the roof with pain that feels like tooth ache
but will go to the other side then just disappear.

it can be so painful i cant talk till it calms and it usually lasts for half hour
at a time, so hubby gets a hole hour of peace when it moves to the other side too :yikes:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Acei » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:37 pm

My teeth are the only bit that still works well. In my mid 40s and I've never had so much as a filling.
Acei
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:33 pm

Hi
My teeth are ok but find when i go to the dentist for a check up they hurt for a few day after. :yikes:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Azz » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:37 pm

This last week I have been suffering with very sensitive teeth and I was wondering if it is part of FIbro or whether I should visit the dentsit. :dunno:
Hannah xx

To live life to the full, is to be true to myself. By being true to myself I live life to the full :)
Azz
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:05 am

Visit the dentist definitely
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Bad Teeth ??

Postby caterpillar » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:58 pm

So glad you've posted about this... I keep having anxiety attacks about my teeth!!!

I have one very wobbly tooth, at the bottom on the side which I had checked out by my dentist a few months ago... He was a bit baffled as he x-rayed and checked me over and can see NOTHING to make my tooth wobbly. No gum disease, no trauma, no damage.

Now, I feel like a few of my upper front teeth are wobbly, although I know your teeth should have some movement so maybe I'm just paranoid. But I also get so much pain in my mouth, aches and pains, and my teeth are now so sensitive even a glass of tap water hurts. I used to be able to bite into ice-cream!!!! Not any more :-(

I'm going to ring the dentist tomorrow and explain that I have fibromyalgia and see what they say.

I can't lose my teeth, I'm only 30 and I'd never leave the house again if I did!!
caterpillar
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:10 pm

:hugs: caterpillar. :goodluck1: with the dentist, let us know what they say.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby tireesix » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:48 pm

OK, another EDS/HMS post. HMS and EDS can make your teeth dodgey........ Mine are dodgey, my kids are too....... If you are super stretchy, this might be ther reason. I have loose teeth, not cos they are falling out, they are just mobile lol.........

Fibro and HMS/EDS tend to go hand in hand. I really suggest that those of us with fibro who are hyper mobile but not been diagnosed with HMS/EDS look into the beighton score and see if there is the possibility of HMS/EDS.......... I know someone who thought she just had fibro and recently found out she has HMS as well, it was overlooked due to the fibro......
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Bad Teeth ??

Postby caterpillar » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:55 pm

Hypermobility??? Someone mentioned that to me... A client of mine when I told her about the fibromyalgia. Do you have a link to signs and symptoms I'd be interested in finding out more :-)
caterpillar
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:30 pm

shazq
UKFM Veteran

Bad Teeth ??

Postby caterpillar » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:11 pm

Hi... I had a google last night and I definitely haven't got this!!! My joints/muscles are so stiff and always have been, never been able to touch my toes!!! :-(
caterpillar
UKFM Member

Postby swampiesue » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:35 pm

It could be that some of you are grinding your teeth at night, or clenching them due to the anxiety...this is known to cause sensitive painful teeth and sometimes even gum problems...Look up TMJ or Brutisum ( not sure that's the right spelling. if this is the problem your dentist can make you a night guard that will protect your teeth and night :D
swampiesue
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:53 pm

I have both bad teeth and good teeth, I've had 11 out (10 milk). Basically I have the world's smallest, hypermobile jaw and my teeth were so crooked some of them couldn't grow out of my gums (mainly the canines and those are sort of useful). I couldn't have braces until I was 17 as I still had a large number of baby teeth (lost my first at age 8 so was still losing them).

My orthodontist wanted to break my jaw and re-set it but that would have affected my A levels (would be hospitalised for 6 weeks on liquid food) so I had traintracks instead for 11 months to sort the overbite and overcrowding. I'm glad I didn't have it broken as I think that could have triggered fibro even earlier for me. I'm lucky that I'm never going to grow wisdom teeth so I know my teeth won't become crooked again like they would if I suddenly grew extra teeth.

I also have a ridiculously thick set of tooth enamel which luckily meant my teeth were very healthy despite the crookedness. They are healthy (and lovely and straight now) but they are much more sensitive now I have fibro, esp with hot food. My gums are more sensitive to brushing now as well so I have to go gentle on them. I used to be able to bite ice cream but now the thought makes me feel ill. I've always suffered from mouth ulcers, particularly on the lower gums and around the areas where the worst of my overcrowding was before. My mouth ulcers are much more painful post-fibro as every part of my body is so much more sensitive to any pain. Luckily there's much more stuff for sensitive teeth these days including mouth washes, as well as toothpaste, so it's worth investing in some :)

I'm seeing a new dentist on Tuesday for a check up and clean so I'll definitely mention to them I have fibro and report back.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems