Several overlapping conditions

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby pained mummy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:23 am

Hi there...i thought i would just jot down all of my illnesses, many of which are overlapping!!
Firstly my LUPUS SLE (currently dormant) Diagnosed in 2006, answers as to why i have had 3 early M/C, mid trimester loss (18 weeks) & losing my D/D in 2006 at 3 days old a NICU baby...statistically 1:3 M/C & 1:3 premature births

Fibromyalgia diagnosed in 2007 (secondary disease to the Lupus SLE)
IBS~ Irritable Bowel Syndrome
MPS~ Myofascial Pain Syndrome
RLS~ Restless leg syndrome
Irritable bladder syndrome...newly diagnosed! But have suffered with UTI's for years
Tension headaches
TMJD~ Temporomandibular Joint dysfunction diagnosed in 2008
Insomnia (sleeping only 2 hours a night)
Alpha~EEG anomaly~stage 4 REM sleep disturbed
Underactive thyroid diagnosed beg 2011
PND & depression diagnosed in 2008
Odema~leg swelling, since being PG with my daughter in 2006

Wow that is quite a collection :crazy: x
pained mummy
UKFM Newbie

Re: Several overlapping conditions

Postby tireesix » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:20 am

I don't know what to say, you have had so much grief. I can't imagine losing a child.

I have a couple of things:

Fibro
Ehlers Danlos (passed on to all 3 kids, 2 currently in physio).
Osteo Arthritis
PCOS
Eating disorder
Borderline personality (+ possible bipolar)
IBS
Some weird random bladder thing (probably irritable bladder).

Lupus is nasty though. How d you cope with it?
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Re: Several overlapping conditions

Postby pained mummy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:15 am

Bless you, thankyou for replying....
Im 5 years in to my grief journey & although it never leaves you, you in time begine to "manage" your grief.
I always hit a "brickwall" around about her birthday/angelversary & that is when my body starts going in to spasm & i have a flare up.
As for my Lupus SLE it reared its ugly head throughout all of my pregnancies hence having 3 early M/C & a baby girl at 18 weeks gestation, but of course i didn't know i had it then & it wasn't picked up along the way...but after Ella-Mae's passing in 2006 they DX me...the only good thing that came out of that diagnosis was that i was able to inject with Clexane & take low dose asprin & i had 2 precious boys in 2007 & 2008....since then my Lupus has gone in to dormant mode.
The last time i saw my Rheumotologist he said that it will come back but it thrives on hormones, so im looking at when i go through the menopause (something to look forward to then, i suppose :dunno: ) but at the moment i don't have to take anything for it...its just my fibromyalgia that gets me down so much :(
It looks as though you too have so much to handle...what on earth did we ever do wrong????? :grouphug:
Im ignorant to Ehlers Danlos, what is it huni? xx
pained mummy
UKFM Newbie

Postby Bobbi08 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:03 am

Hi,

I too have Lupus, good to hear that it's dormant, gives me hope that one day mine will to.

Only a year into my illness so still trying to come to terms with it. I was dx with Fibro at West Suffolk last year but got worse and worse so changed to Addenbrookes and was dx with Lupus and APS this June.

Addenbrookes IMO is the best, great Rhuemy and they take the time to speak to you and never rush your appointment.

Good luck with admission, if it cheers you up any, they have Costa Coffee lots of little shops and a hairdresser so if you feel up to it after all your treatments you can treat yourself xxxx
Bobbi08
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems