stabbing aches in backs of thighs & upper arns

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

stabbing aches in backs of thighs & upper arns

Postby Jan42 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:49 pm

Just recently I appear to be getting stabbing aches in the back of my thighs that lull & peak. They start in the back of my aching knees & rise to the tops of my legs. This usually coincides with the same kind of aches in my upper arms, starting in the crease of my elbows & running up through biceps. To polish it all off, my hands & feet ache & have a tingle like mild pins & needles.
It only seems to be happening when my temerature goes on overdrive hot. :crazy: :crazy:
Does anyone else get this? I'm finding it quite scary. It used to be just tingles & pains I would get in hands. & pains in my knees. Is it just spreading? :yikes:
try to have a smile on my face even if I'm not smiling on the inside
Jan42
UKFM Member

Re: stabbing aches in backs of thighs & upper arns

Postby denys » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:53 pm

Possibly Jan, but I think you need to go and get it checked out. Even if it just puts your mind at rest, removing the scary thoughts that something else is going on will reduce the stress for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:21 pm

Hi
I agree with Denys, go get it checked by your gp, all new pain should be looked at as not everything is down to fibro, plus it will help settle you mind. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Jan42 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:06 pm

Thanks guys :grouphug:
I just visited my doc this afternoon, spent 35mins with her & quite honestly I think I will have to change my doc surgery :yikes: :swear1:
I got no help at all. I just posted a new topic explaining. She recons fibro & M.E same thing & says a test won't do anything to help! :swear1:
:needhug:
Jan x
Jan42
UKFM Member

Postby Jan42 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:27 pm

Hi guys :wave:
Since my last post on here, thanks to M.E. Clinic I now have a cancelled appt to see a consultant doc next thursday linked to M.E. Clinic.
I've been told he should be able to clarify if I have fibro or not as well as M.E.
As I explained to the clinic, while they had asked where I experienced pains, I did not mark down all those pains I was experiencing previously as I didn't associate them with the M.E. Due to the length of years I have suffered them. Also it has only just over the last year or so come to my attention that these pains are more frequent & more painful along with other new ones.
Just over the last couple of weeks, the pains in tops of legs have changed again(my doc as I said wasn't interested) I now feel bruised to touch & I have red patches over these areas that appear & they are raised in temperature on these patches when they appear. It looks like I've been leaning on them or been stood infront of a fire too long & got heat blotches lol
Hoping the consultant can clarify one way or another. I've also been told he should be able to help me with meds to help with pain/sleep & depression. :fingerscrossed:
I know its not a cure but at least a step in the right direction for sanity if nothing else.
I'm also sorting out a new doc :)
:hugs:
Jan x
Jan42
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:54 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: for your appt Jan, hope you get a decent GP as well, it can make such a difference :goodluck2: :goodluck2:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Jan42 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:02 pm

Thanks Fluppy. Things are looking up at last, and the little that has happened so far is already helping me feel a little less insane :crazy: :lol:
:hugs:
Jan42
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:50 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: and :goodluck1: Jan :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:00 pm

You'll never feel a little less insane, it not allowed when you join here :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:02 pm

:goodluck1: Jan
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Jan42 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:09 pm

Thanks Denys & Shazq :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :flowers:
Fluppy, I can live in hope can't I even if I know I'm a lost cause :lol: :crazy: :tongueout: :lol: :dunno: :crazy: :lol: :lol:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
Jan42
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:24 pm

If you have trigger points that are pinching the nerves this can radiate around the body to all different areas.

For example, if i press a trigger point around my chest i can feel nerve pain running down my neck and arms.

The tingling can also be the nerves being pinched and pressed on my the muscle stiffness

Jan42 wrote:Just recently I appear to be getting stabbing aches in the back of my thighs that lull & peak. They start in the back of my aching knees & rise to the tops of my legs. This usually coincides with the same kind of aches in my upper arms, starting in the crease of my elbows & running up through biceps. To polish it all off, my hands & feet ache & have a tingle like mild pins & needles.
It only seems to be happening when my temerature goes on overdrive hot. :crazy: :crazy:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Jan42 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:40 am

Thanks Lisa. That kind of makes sense, but not sure if this is what is happening. I guess I will know better after today :fingerscrossed:
I'm really nervous & so glad my sister is going with me...I asked her to drive as the appt is in Preston. The last time I drove there I was fit & healthy & the traffic terrified me :yikes: somehow I don't think I would survive the journey now. I'm glad I live in the sticks & not a city these days :crazy:
Jan42
UKFM Member

Postby Julie. » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:29 pm

Hi Jan, :wave:
I have both FM and ME and had them now for donkeys years but still get mixed up somedays as to what pain is what. :?

Lisa is right in the fact there are so many trigger points all over the whole of our bodies which radiate to other areas.

Today i was sat in the chair when i got a crushing stabbing ache in my left lower cheek/thigh which immediately spread all over the whole of my back, thighs and down both legs and feet. I feel like i have been bashed with a baseball bat and ache like mad. This can go however as quick as it started. This also happens in my arms too and spreads all over both arms shoulders etc.

There is nowhere on the whole of my body now that i cannnot touch or press without severe pain and stiffenss.

I wish you loads of luck and hope you get things sorted out. :goodluck1:
Take one day at a time. Tomorrow will wait.
Julie.
UKFM Member

Postby Jan42 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:03 pm

Well I'm back from seeing consultant...not sure I'm any further forward :dunno:
He's writing a report to help with dla tribunal, but other than that :dunno:
Seems to think that the pains are all m.e (that's good) though he never did any tests or ask what the pains are like.
Nor does he think changing anti depressant (that doesn't really do anything) will help me either :crazy:
Oh and the help with pain relief...I never got anywhere with that either :facepalm:
I felt like I was sat in with my doc again :crazy: :cry:
Feeling like it was a waste of time, though I guess I should wait to see his written report based on what little he asked me & the notes he had from my treatment plan therapist.
I was kept waiting over half hour past my appt time & had less than half the alloted time with him. Now I really do feel like a hyperchondriac :cry: [chocolate] [chocolate]
Jan42
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems