help very worried hope you can help

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

help very worried hope you can help

Postby cuddlyhoneybunny » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:33 am

both me and my hubby have fibromyalgia in his opinion my is much worse than his he is affected less.

i cannot sit for long,stand for long,walk much at all(as i get too much pain)my muscles are very weak.

Today i noticed a drop of water on my leg thought nothing of it wiped it off.Then it reappeared again wiped it off,it appears i am leaking (not wee i haven't wet myself!)

I am often inactive due to the illness and have noticed on the affected leg it seems to have oedema if you press it ahollow appears then gradually fades.

i did injure the leg years ago and its always the first one affected by flare-ups.

I am big so i know that doesn't help the other leg seems fine.
I noticed someone else posted something similar but the replies were a bit vague.

I can't exercise at gym they did a risk assessment-i have fits too they actually said our insurance won't touch you-sorry!
nhs said i can't use their hydro pool coz of fits too.
i know the best answer is go to the doctor i am booked in next week,but i just wondered if anyone could shed any light on this.
ThankYou in advance. bunny
cuddlyhoneybunny
UKFM Newbie

Re: help very worried hope you can help

Postby animalhouse » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:19 am

try and keep the leg elevated if you sit down for long periods so that it is easier to pump everything around your bed, but keep moving as and when you can as that help your circulation as well.

try not to worry and your drs will explain everything fully.

are you diabetic at all, as sometimes this does not help your circulation either so if that is so it is important to keep your blood sugarl levels within the safe range rather than getting too high.

see if this helps at all.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby animalhouse » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:20 am

animalhouse wrote:try and keep the leg elevated if you sit down for long periods so that it is easier to pump everything around your bed, but keep moving as and when you can as that help your circulation as well.

try not to worry and your drs will explain everything fully.

are you diabetic at all, as sometimes this does not help your circulation either so if that is so it is important to keep your blood sugarl levels within the safe range rather than getting too high.

see if this helps at all.

meant to say body not bed :crazy: .

take care.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:49 am

I agree with the advice from animal house re keeping it elevated whenever possible and trying to move around even slowly it will help, you've done the important thing and made an appointment with the doc. :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: you will get the help you need quickly :goodluck1: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:01 pm

Hi
Myself & OH both have fibro as well so know how hard it can be when you are both in pain. :facepalm:

I have never had this happen to me but glad you have made an app with your GP.

I know how hard it is to exercise when you are in lots of pain but just having a short walk around the house or up and down your garden will help your legs. Just do what you can and listen to your body, stop if you feel you need to as you dont want to over do things either.

Like the others have said while sitting keep your legs up but try to do soft stretches with your legs and rotate your feet every now and again to keep the blood pumping and the water retention down.

:goodluck1: at the docs. :hugs: keep us updated.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby cuddlyhoneybunny » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:54 am

Thank you for all your help with the above post i had an emergency appointment with the dr as i was coughing alot(i have asthma too!)

She checked my leg (the weeping query)-infected,she checked my chest -badly infected,she checked my eye(cyst in corner of it)-infected,i am just a big ball of puss!

so i am not doing very well,i also had a medicene review and had to reorder all my repeat prescriptions as the system online process had NOT worked and sainsburys had not picked my prescriptionsup.

Does anyone else know the rules here as the daft women on the chemist said i ring up the drs and order a repeat prescription, then i am supposed to call sainsburys(she says )to tell them to come and get prescription from the drs.Well thats a new one on me considering for the last couple of months they were automatically collecting it,i might as well go and collect it from the drs myself if it was like that.I think she is wrong,who is correct?

Oh as i also got a prescription for the infections i have been put on eyerthromyasin(apologies for spelling)and steroids.Which i took for the first time yesterday,ALL last night i was up and down to the loo every 2 Hours(for a wee) i almost got revolving doors fitted i was in there so much! i didnt drop off til 650am and am shattered.

Has anyone else had this side affect?

Any way you asked me to post to let you know what happend so there you are.i am resting,i really am quite tired.:(
    cuddlyhoneybunny
    UKFM Newbie

Postby animalhouse » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:49 am

my sister who is diabetic has these symptoms, taht is why i asked.

hers was just in the one leg and i was worried it was a dvt, so doctor prescribed her a diuretic to get the excess fluid out of her body, so thats why you are probably peeing alot. hopefull this will help it to go down and reduce. however the inection does need to be cleared up and steriods are a quick fix to improve your wellbeing. (watch your weight though as you can gain on steroids over prolonger period)

keep area cleaned and wash your hands regularly and don;t prod your legs.

take care and keep the legs elevated remember to help the circulation.

hopefully will clear up quickly, but don;t be afraid to go back to doctors if not seeing any improvements. :wave: :wave:
    animalhouse
    UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:17 pm

cuddlyhoneybunny wrote:
      had to reorder all my repeat prescriptions as the system online process had NOT worked and sainsburys had not picked my prescriptionsup.

Does anyone else know the rules here as the daft women on the chemist said i ring up the drs and order a repeat prescription, then i am supposed to call sainsburys(she says )to tell them to come and get prescription from the drs.Well thats a new one on me considering for the last couple of months they were automatically collecting it,i might as well go and collect it from the drs myself if it was like that.I think she is wrong,who is correct?

Oh as i also got a prescription for the infections i have been put on eyerthromyasin(apologies for spelling)and steroids.Which i took for the first time yesterday,ALL last night i was up and down to the loo every 2 Hours(for a wee) i almost got revolving doors fitted i was in there so much! i didnt drop off til 650am and am shattered.

(

Where I am, all the chemists/pharmacies offer a prescription collection service, some do delivery as well. The one thing they all have in common is the patient has to let the chemist know the prescription is ready, where it needs to be collected from, and quite often they ask how many items there should be.

The smaller, independent chemist asks foe calls to be made by a certain time, whereas the larger, retail chemists offer some sort of online notification service. However it's done, it's always down to the patient to let the chemist know where the prescription is.

The chemists I've seen in Sainsburys usually have something either on the counter, or hung on the wall where it can easily be seen, about their prescription collection service.

You might be better ringing them up and asking how they operate their service, or even asking if they could provide you with a copy of their service description, then you'll know which is the right way to order your prescriptions via them.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
      FluppyPuffy
      SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:12 pm

Boots works differently, I ring them and order what I need and they tell me when it will be ready for collection. simple (not) as they can never get it right :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: But they do try to fix things when they have gone wrong :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Glad your leg and other bits are being treated, :fingerscrossed: you will be feeling much better once everything has cleared up :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
      Denys

denys
      UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems