depression

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

depression

Postby funnybunny » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:19 pm

feeling very depressed - dont want to see or speak to amyone - im not coping with anything at the minute - i dont see a future or hope -
funnybunny
UKFM Member

Re: depression

Postby animalhouse » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:54 am

somtimes evrythibng can seem overwhelming when you have a lot to cope wiht.

anything that you really like to do even having a nice bath and some smellies, or [chocolate] :wine: try and do something nice everyday for you and forget about this horrible condition for an hour or so.

speak to your partner as he may understand what you are going through as well and see if you can both be strong for each other.

have you mentioned this when going to doctors and are you on any antidepressants you may need some help or upping the dosess to perk you up and can help the fibro, sleeping/resting if you are mroe relaxed.

:grouphug: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby Azz » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:38 am

Talking to someone when you are feeling like this is actually a good thing. Or if you really do not want to talk to someone, get yourself a note book where you can write your feelings down, if there is something or someone you are angry with you can take it out in your little book this will help you unload some of the negativity. Or try going to the top of a mountain and just screaming, (this I find very fullfilling).

You can always come on hear and unload your feelings to your friends who will always listen to you, as we understand what you are going through. I know it is easier said than done, but try and focus on the positive things in life. Like Animalhouse has adviced make time to do something just for you. Sending you gentle :hugs:
Hannah xx

To live life to the full, is to be true to myself. By being true to myself I live life to the full :)
Azz
UKFM Member

Postby sjc » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:17 pm

:grouphug: Hello funnybunny....I hope you feel better soon....Alot of us on here can feel for you as depression is sadly common thesedays....and it is even a bigger problem for those with underlying conditions, like fibromyalgia......

I do hope you feel better soon.....all the best. xxxx
Sick of being sick, if you know what I mean. Anger keeps me going! I love campaigning for the rights of those with hidden disabilities. Enjoys talking to other like minded people - well, if you are sane, anyway :)
sjc
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:35 pm

I thought things were starting to improve for you, from your last posts :dunno: :dunno: What's happened to set you back again?? :? :?
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby funnybunny » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:31 pm

when my depression gets hold its quickly downhill - working up to tolerate level of anti depressant (shoudl be there by xmas) - hvent spoken to anyone in voice since fri mainly cos i cant force myself to - the house is closed up and the only place i feel safe is bed so thats where i am - going to try get appt with gp - this is as deep as it has been before and that time years ago i was in hospital for over 8 months :(
funnybunny
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:53 pm

Do you still have the carers coming in to see you? are you able to talk to them about how you are feeling?

Make an app to go back and have a chat to your GP if things dont improve, hope the anti d`s start to work soon.. :hugs: :hugs:
Is the boyfriend still around?
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby funnybunny » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:27 am

Carers stopped at the beginning of august after i went missing for a few days (actually was in different hospital with the stroke like migraine) but were being tapered way down after the improvement in mid july

I had been on low dose Cymbalta in june then was switched to something else and back again to Cymbalta now trying to increase the dosage slowly – it seems very slow but one day at a time and all that

gp thinks on hindsight possibly some sort of deficiency as improved after 2 weeks tube feeding and bed rest in hospital – M.E diagnosis in question big time now –

care package was put in place and then removed by mental health social worker who has now given up on me and dishcharged me – she was supposed to be liaising with physical health – house is full of handrails and adaptations and appliances – gp trying to get psych appt asap re depression – pain clinic / neurologist / OT / physio referrals still waiting appointments dates

the boyfriend got no response from me for over a month and then he wrote to me (snail mail) and explained how he had done a lot of thinking and research and asked to meet – i was very reluctant but agreed as we had practical stuff to sort out like his stuff that was sitting in my place and other practacalities –

i now see him when it suits me and he is a changed person – he realised that he didn’t want to acknowledge fibro as it affected everything and he felt that if he disregarded it and ignored it that it might go away (head in the sand) – he has joined a fibro support group outside of the area so that he might gain understanding and has gone and talked to the gp (not about drugs to treat it but about how to help and support and understand ... how to stop being a boll**** about it) he has also gone and done tons of research on net to help him to get his head around how this affects me and what he can do to allieviate stress and pain.

He has booked me a course of massage treatments to help and is doing 80% of the housework even though he isn’t staying here anymore – he is trying to connect with me on a deep level but im still resistant to alot of it as im thinking how long does this last?

Im keeping him at arms length but he been like a more understanding person in last few months – he realised in that month what he had lost and now knows he has a lot of grovelling and apologising to do ... its alot better than it was but its far from perfect but life is never perfect anyway

He is encourageing rest and not ringing me at daft hours about crap – he sends text to a silent mobile so i can read it at my leisure or reply when suits.

He had told me many times in the past that im the best that has ever happened to him in his life and now he has had a taste of life without me in it ... he sees things alot differently ... omg i sound so conceited don’t i

He is also wanting to start to go for relationship counselling before the end of the year ... but one step at a time ... ive told him he can start the counselling for himself .. id go a few sessions myself and then both together

The depression is clinical depression and im feeling a bit more positive today – it was dry here i went out and sat on garden swing for half hour, watching the birdies, which he has taken on with feeding and watering ... he bought the food and bird feeders as a present ...
im well aware he trying to get on my good side and i know im being deliberately extra harsh and hard to reach for him .. let him keep trying ... if nothing has really changed for him inside he will get fed up fairly soon – i have my guard up but to be honest i like being pampered by him

he didn’t get any responses for days there but another friend assured him i was alive – i wasn’t speaking but mutual friend came to house and said hello even if i want in form of talking – ive always been selectively mute when depressed since teenage years
sorry this has turned into an essay – hugs to all if it hasn’t put you to sleep
funnybunny
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:32 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: for your appointment and that BF is truly changed and things stay good for you both its a long road back but you can do it with the proper help :goodluck1: :goodluck1: and I hope for as speedy recovery for you as is possible :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems