IBS?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

IBS?

Postby lrgatrell88 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:21 pm

hi all.
Went to the gp yesterday and was told that I may have ibs. The past few weeks I've been feeling sick whenever I eat and getting stomach cramps. This has got worse now to the point that I'm sometimes ( getting more often) sick after eating. I'm also feeling dizzy. Even drinking does the same, whatever it is.

Just wondered if any1 else had this?

Thanks
X
lrgatrell88
UKFM Member

Re: IBS?

Postby animalhouse » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:39 pm

my ibs it the opposite - i suffer sever constipation and it seems such an effort or constant worry just to go.

i am constantly worrying what i eaat or drink i am sure i eat more now than i did before.
:dunno: what a way to pass the time.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby lolabolla » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:17 pm

It seams to be par for the course I'm afraid.
I too have dreadful IBS, so much so that I have anxiety/panick attacks now becxause of it.
I am signed off work at the moment because I am not coping with severe all over pain and also chronic IBS is adding to me feeling YUK! :needhug:
:fingerscrossed: you start to feel better soon x
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby ribbons » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:34 pm

it seems to be one of the delights of fibro..not had a problem for 10 yrs then it all flared up again this year..made worse by stress or greasy food. What is your Gp doing for you and have you linked it to any certain foods in particular?
ribbons
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:30 pm

IBS is an associated condition of FM, they quite often turn up together, hand in hand :facepalm: :facepalm:

Is your GP going to run any additional tests and things that they feel are necessary to see what the problem is or rule out any other possibilities?? :facepalm: :facepalm: There are things that can help with IBS, this linky should give you some more info http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Irritable-bowel-syndrome/Pages/Introduction.aspx

If you don't think it is IBS, it might be worth asking to see a different GP for a second opinion, see what they have to say.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Foxydawn » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:42 am

I have ibs and have found that fybogel is amazing for regulating my bowel I control it well with this and diet.
I am also taking omeprazole.
I had ton ask my gp for fybogel after buying it over the counter to try. It was never suggested. You can get it with mebeverine in it if needed.
Foxydawn
UKFM Newbie

Postby triciagor » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:34 am

I suffer severe constipation use senakot tablets and I also take Omeparzole tablets. I am in alot of pain suffer very sharp pains in my rectum. This is very uncomfortable for me, I wonder does anyone else have this problem as a result of IBS. :(
triciagor
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:01 am

With it being as painful as your description suggests, you could need to see your GP about it as there may be something more suitable than senokot to help ease things for you.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby triciagor » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:24 pm

Thank you flupppuffy,

I am going through extreme agony, I will see GP but I just wondered if anyone else experiences the pain I go through. I suspect I may have proctalgia fugux if that is how it is spelt, but I guess my gp may be able to confirm this. Dont know if its related to my fibromaygia or the IBS.
triciagor
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Hi Triciagor

It could be your meds causing the constipation? Have you tried other laxatives besides senakot tablets? you could try lactulose that is all natural and it will soften the stools making it easier when you do go. Senakot might not be the right type of laxative you need.

If you are severely constipated then you need to get things moving, this is why you are in pain. You might need 2 different types of laxatives to do this. You should go to see your GP if this is a on going problem.

I get blockages as have ibs and crohns disease and know how painful it is.

your pharmacy will be able to give you info on the different uses of laxatives but if its ongoing see your GP. :goodluck1:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby animalhouse » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:01 pm

senokat didn;t do anything for me so i have got lactulose from the drs. i am so bad at taking it regularly though, as you get so fed up of endlessly taking stuff.
:yikes:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby Julie. » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:24 pm

As an IBS sufferer myself for many years i suddently start in my ribcage with severe wind pains which travels very quickly all over my tummy and within minutes i have the runs. Sorry if TMI :roll: I am ok then but this happens at least once a week and wipes me out.
My Gp told me to take Imodium which helps me and when in a bad flare colpermin capsules settle the tummy cramps down.

For those with constipation i would suggest Movical satchets and lactulose and stay clear of laxatives as they can irritate the colon even more. I don't usually feel sick with it either but you can do.
If your at all worried go back and ask for some tests.
Take one day at a time. Tomorrow will wait.
Julie.
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems