stress and muscle spasms

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

stress and muscle spasms

Postby karen42 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:47 pm

Ive noticed whenever im stressed my muscle spasms are worse than usual my son and daughter got in to a argument earlier today like teenagers do.My son is 16 now and he is a bit of a hand full at times especially with is temper so he has lost it earlier today and has thumped my doors in the kitchen.Now tonite my muscle spasms are even worse then ever i feel like ive got a woodpecker under my skin at the moment is anyones elses muscle spasms worse under stress
karen42
UKFM Member

Re: stress and muscle spasms

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:58 pm

Muscle spasms affect a lot of us, if you search thru the posts you'll probably find out what you're wondering about.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby nutty1 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:22 pm

yes mine do ,doesnt take much set it off either :facepalm:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby animalhouse » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:29 am

could feel mine spasming up yesterday in hydro even though i was in lovely warm water, i was so sore after overdoing it the day before and driving my son to his swimming lesson.

driving is sooooooooooooooooopainful on my back and causes everyewhere to trhob. even my fingers are hurting now in various random places.

my new toy/gadget is a tens machine that does massage rhythm so will get that out when i can bare to get up out of bed.
:swear1:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby cherryblossom » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:06 pm

Hi. For the last few nights I've been waking up at night aware that every muscle in my body is so tense that I'm consciously having to try and relax them one by one by which time I'm back at square one again :yikes: ! Also the last few days my lower and middle back have been sooo painful it's been hell. It's been so bad I've been wondering if every time I move I'll put something out but also aware that the pain in my lower back is muscle pain and it hurts so much!

Doesn't help the fact that I and family have been turfing out the garage after ds having to put alot of stuff from his smallholding there after he left it ready for the farm sale today and today I've been with them all at the farm sale all day so been walking (staggering!) round the field trying to sit on things as I go and waiting for one or two items! I really wished I had taken my 'wheelie frame' that my mum bought me, it would have been so helpful :facepalm: ! We never help ourselves do we :?: The only consolation is I (ds did) got the beautiful homemade solid wood tv unit for me and it now looks very nice in my sitting room whilst I sit here in agony! lol! If anyone has any ideas for bad back pain I'd be interested. Anyway, take care all. Cherry :hugs:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby karen42 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:42 pm

Have you tried those thermo patches those that warm up on skin contact,I was having a lot of lower back pain realy sharp throbbing pains.So i just filled up the hot water bottle and held that against it through my clothes.it doesnt take away the pain but it eases it.
karen42
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems