Weird tingling in arms?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Weird tingling in arms?

Postby Miranda1987 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:14 pm

Hello everyone :wave:

I seem to be having a bad week this week, but I've noticed something weird which I haven't had before, and I'm wondering if anyone else gets this?

When I sneeze (so my head moves forward pretty fast), or bend my head forward just a little bit too fast, I get this strange tingling running down my lower arms and especially my hands. It's only there as long as my head is forwards, but it's strong enough to make me drop things if I'm holding anything. It feels a little bit like a mild electric shock, for want of a better example.

Is this just another symptom of fibro? There are so many, I'm inclined to think it probably is, but is it something I should mention to my doctor? :dunno:

Thank you for any comments, I would really appreciate it, as this is something that seems to causing more problems than all the other stuff combined (unbelievably lol! ) :D

Hugs to all :hugs:
You only regret the things you haven't done in life-so do everything you can! :D

That's right, I said fibromyalgia is a bain in my pottom!.........Oh, wait!
Miranda1987
UKFM Member

Re: Weird tingling in arms?

Postby shazq » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:29 pm

Hi Miranda

I haven't had anything like that happen to me before. :dunno: If its a new symptom to you its best to mention it to your GP, it could be a nerve doing it? maybe others have had this happen and might be able to help? I would see your GP. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Miranda1987 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:24 pm

Hi shazq :)

Thank you for replying, I think you're right about telling the doctor then; I'm going for an appointment to see my GP in a week or so, so I'll mention it then, and then I see the Rhuemy next month (on my birthday, of all days! :yikes: ), so I'll mention it then as well.

At first I thought it might be a trapped nerve as well, but it seems to happen more often now, and it doesn't help as I have a cold so it's making me sneeze more! :sick: :crazy:

:fingerscrossed: it's just more of the strange nature of Fibro lol! :D

Gentle hugs to all! :hugs:
You only regret the things you haven't done in life-so do everything you can! :D

Miranda1987
UKFM Member

Postby mand » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:44 pm

hi, i started with pins and needles, very slight tingling at first mainly hands ....but now developed into pins needles in hands and feet, this co-insided with a sore shoulder as well, i did get it checked with gp and he ruled out stuff before saying it could be part of the fibro... mention it to gp, just to rule things out and put your mind at rest....fibro............the weird and wonderful world of :crazy: ......best wishes ...mandy :D
mand
UKFM Member

Postby Miranda1987 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:12 pm

Hi mand :)

Good to know I'm not the only one with something like this! :crazy:

I'm seeing my Rhuemy next month, so I'll mention it to him as well as my GP this week. I'll let them see what they can come up with :crazy:

mand wrote:....fibro............the weird and wonderful world of :crazy: ......best wishes ...mandy :D

Tell me about it! I keep waking up half expecting to have grown another head lol! :hit1:

Gentle hugs :grouphug:

Miranda1987
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:37 pm

Hi Miranda, I get tingling feels like a strange electrical current sometimes and is horrible but mine is due to a bulging disc in my neck, :fingerscrossed: the doc will sort you out :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:56 pm

I have fun and games with tinglings, pins and needles, and other lovely weirdness thanks to FM :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: Altho it's aggravated by FM, it started happening after a car crash left me with a dislodged and fractured vertebrae 18 years ago :facepalm: :facepalm:

It's definitely worth mentioning it to your GP and rheumy when you see them :D :D

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby triciagor » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:00 pm

Hi Miranda and others,

I have this session many times on both arms the pain starts off as mild tingling then it gets tighting and sharper running up the inside of my arms. It bothed me so much to the point where i found it hard to carry things and at times i have lost my grip and dropped things. I worried it was a damaged nerve in my arms but conductive nerves studies found nothing wrong so no damaged nerve so carpal tunnel syndrome was ruled out. This is defo a problems associated with FM that was confirmed by my rheumy. It is a real nuisance and as been an embarrassment to me many times dropping plates with food and without, losing grip and not being able to write with a pen signing a simple signature as been an issue also for me. At times I cant hold a cup and have come close to burning myself with drinks.
triciagor
UKFM Member

Postby Miranda1987 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:53 am

Hi all :wave:

Well, I went to see the doctor yesterday, and a fat lot of good he was..... :roll:

He said it's possible the tingling is a symptom of FM, but he said that I would need to check with the Rhuemy.....I think he doesn't really believe it's something that exists, so he is a bit dismissive of it all.

But I also told him about my hand going numb, and in the past few days my foot has also being going numb. He said it might also be FM, but when it happens next time, to go to the hospital if it's get very bad, as he thinks that it might be something more serious. He also asked how the tingling came about, and I said it happened now and then, but also happened every time I bent my head forwards, which apparently isn't a normal symptom of FM.......They now think it might be MS, not FM :yikes: , from that and a few other symptoms I have, as they haven't given me a MRI yet, that will happen with the Rhuemy, apparently.

So no clearer atm, have to wait until the 25th Nov for my appointment :(

:fingerscrossed: that it is just FM (not 'just' FM, you know what I mean lol), but it would be worse if it was MS....

Urgh.......I need some [chocolate] , some :cake: , and a hug :needhug:

Gentle hugs to all :grouphug:

Miranda1987
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems