Osteoarthritis

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Osteoarthritis

Postby wongabourra » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:05 pm

because i have been ill with fibromyalgia since i was 12 years and unable to walk round without being in alot of pain i walked round bent over with one leg and foot bent in for stability i now have a colapsed spine all disks have gone and i have osteoarthritis in my back and knees and i am now getting it in my hands. i am so week now and find it so hard to do the simplest of things my body is not mine and i so wish that i could go back and have the childhood that i always wanted :cry: :banghead:
wongabourra
UKFM Newbie

Re: Osteoarthritis

Postby fibro-lu » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:11 pm

:hugs:

:blowkiss:

lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:10 pm

Sorry to hear you are suffering so much :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:44 pm

Hi
That must be hard on you having fibro from the age of 12. :hugs: :flowers:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby hannahlondon » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:06 pm

Just saying hello as I also have osteoarthritis, although for me the arthritis came first and then fibro. Still I started having joint problems 3 years ago in my left knee (I was 35 at the time), I now have severe osteoarthritis in my left knee, mild/moderate osteo in both hips and the beginnings of some osteo changes in my hands and feet. Plus some wear and tear on one disc in my back. I've just been diagnosed with fibro.

It does make it harder I think if you have more than one health problem. I've also developed depression as a result of having arthritis and fibro :(
hannahlondon
UKFM Newbie

Postby Beowulf1976 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:46 pm

I have confirmed, advanced OA in my right knee. It was triggered during a nasty accident in August 2005, where I tripped over a very heavy box and I went forward and my right leg stayed behind. Causing my knee to be bent quite far in the wrong way.

I finally had an arthroscopy in August 2006, which showed a very advanced state of damage from OA for my young age of 30.

Since then, all aches, pains and stiffness in EVERY joint of my body, have held an OA question mark over them. I am having a spinal MRI tomorrow, if this shows nothing significant, I will be requesting to be referred back to the osteo team for possible diagnosis of OA elsewhere in my body.

I am aware that the pains COULD be my ME and/or my Fibro. (dx with both)

In a way I hope it IS OA, as I know that, to some extent, this can be treated.
"That is not my Cow!"....."Where is my Cow?!"

I am me, plain and simple in more than one sense of the words! ;)
Beowulf1976
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:26 am

hi how is OA treated????? as its wear in the jionts rather than inflamation like RA thers not a lot can be done apart from pain killers or artifical joint replacement , which they wont do on younger people because they dont last long

i was DX with OA of the spine at 23 had years of pain delelped fibro ithink at 40 ish and DX with fibro at 58 iv had more treatment for the fibro than i was offered for the OA ,

these things seem to run together as if you have some OA which most people have at some stage in life , the fibro will intensify any pain produced. at least fibro , nasty as it can be does not cause damage to any part of the body .

tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems