Extremely Swollen Ankles

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Extremely Swollen Ankles

Postby AnneSmitty » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:23 am

Hi Everyone,

I hope you might be able to help me...

Every night I have extremely swollen ankles (left ankle is always worse), as the night goes on they swell to nearly 3 times their normal size and the skin goes really tight around them.

I spoke with my GP (as well as showed him pictures) and he doesn't think that it is water retention as they don't move when pressed and when I have spoken with the RA Helpline in the hospital they just don't know what it is.

Does anyone else suffer from this?

Kind regards and lots of hugs

Anne
AnneSmitty
UKFM Newbie

Re: Extremely Swollen Ankles

Postby denys » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:54 am

Sorry Anne no I dont, but that means nothing someone else may be along soon who can help more :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:42 pm

Hi

My OH`s has fibro as well, his ankles keep swelling but our GP just gives him water retention meds, they reduce it but then swell again, the gp has given him stronger ones this time.
His swell and get very tight and he finds it hard to walk.

You should keep them up of an evening, put a cushion or pillow under your feet. Have you tried putting ice on them?(wrapped in a tea towel) or frozen peas to reduce the swelling.

I would go see your GP as it sounds like they need to be looked at. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby AnneSmitty » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:49 pm

Thanks for the info Shazq, I'm due to see him this week so i will mention this to him again, hopefully i'll get an evening appointment so that I can show him in person rather than photos,

kid regards :fingerscrossed:

Anne
AnneSmitty
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:04 pm

:goodluck1: :hugs:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Lyssie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:49 pm

Hope it all goes/went alright?

I get terribly swolen ankles and I don't know what it could be! I don't think mins water retention either to be honest!

Anyway sorry for babbling :wink: I hope you get some answers xx
Lyssie :-) ...xX
Lyssie
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems