painful feet

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

painful feet

Postby cherryblossom » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:15 pm

Hi. I can't remember if I've asked this recently or not, :crazy: I don't think I have. Anyway, just lately the soles of my feet are hurting. It's not plantar fashitis (sp?) as I've had that badly before and it doesn't feel like it. It just feels as tho I've spent weeks on my feet non-stop and they feel painful and tired :cry: . I notice it more in the evenings, whether that's because I've slowed down alot by then so notice it more or if that is when it makes an appearance I don't know, but it does hurt and it's both of them. Just wondered if anyone can shed some light on it or if they suffer too?

Also in one of my other posts someone wished me well and that I wasn't suffering too much because of the weather which made me question myself does the horrid wet weather actually affect us? The reason I ask is because it's only just lately I've tried putting 2 and 2 together and thinking along similar lines. I seem to end up with quite a bit of pain all over :evil: but especially my shoulders and neck the day before it rains then when it's here I feel even worse for the duration of the weather and it gets to excruciating levels :yikes: :twisted: . It's just something I've only recently started 'learning' so wondered if you feel the same? Anyway, take care and lots of :hugs: to keep warm. Cherry x
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Re: painful feet

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:13 pm

Weather can trigger of intense syptoms, mine is the cold and wind yet i know of others being effected by heat, Some get migrains before a storm.

I think it the air pressure to that can effect us as were very sensitive to everything.

Bottoms of my feet burn and feel sore and i can feel the muscles twitch. A tip is to make sure u have the right shoes. Comfi flats/trainers. I sometimes get a bigger size so my feet are not cramped also.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby daydreamer2007 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:15 pm

My feet are painful most of the time I've had Plantar in both feet( not at the same time ) but this is different it's worse in a morning and in an evening, and nothing seems to help , my partner used to massage my feet to try and ease it but I found this even more painful even if he applied little pressure. :roll:
daydreamer2007
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:00 pm

The weather definitely affects me just as Lisa has said and I have sore feet too, get them checked out by your doc just in case :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Min » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:31 pm

Yes, this is one of my symptoms & worse in cold, damp weather . I wear Flyflot sandals round the house.
Donate for free to fibro & M.E. charities by using by using Everyclick as your search engine
Min
UKFM Member

Postby HKpony » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:55 pm

Yes, Fibro symptoms are DEFINITELY worsened by damp and cold weather. I don't think it is even up for debate anymore!
I live in the North East of England, practically in Scotland. The winter is drawing near, and I am dreading it heartily, and with great passionate hatred. I grew up in Asia, in the warmth and have only been here 10 years - I still cannot get used to the massive change in severity of symptoms when winter kicks in. It is partly due to the fact that, when I am out in the cold, all my muscles tense up against the shock of the cold, even if I'm well wrapped up, so this causes spasms aching, tiredness etc. The ice and snow also makes it even harder to keep ones balance, so more falls happen, causing more injury. And then you can't get outside to do any gentle activity to get back on your feet after an injury because its too flipping cold! There also seems to be just some random mysterious Fibro connection that I don't fully understand between the cold and damp, and increased pain. All I can advise is PREPARE!! Thermal underclothes (not just knickers, but trousers and vests too) 200 denier tights, good snow boots, hats, gloves, good thick coats are good, but I'm of the school of thought that many thinner layers is better, then you can adjust for different temps and situations - even hot water bottles in your bag if necessary!
Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HKpony
UKFM Newbie

Postby elljay » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:22 am

Hi HKpony,

I so feel for you up there in the cold chill.
I too suffer horrible symptoms in any extremes of weather/temp actually not really extremes just anything of average which is most days really.
Dread hot/cold/wet/windy/damp etc but you must feel the cold so much more as your system was conditioned to Asian climate.
That muscle tension is dreadful, I hope you have a mild winter.
Hugs
Elljay
elljay
UKFM Member

Postby smoky » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:03 pm

I am affected byt he cold/damp but am particularly affected by the wet; if my hands get wet ie rained on then I get acute pain; same with my feet.... I can no longer swim in the sea which I love
smoky
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems