RA and FM

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

RA and FM

Postby triciagor » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:37 pm

I have be suffering from RA or many years causing me a great deal of pain in most of my joints but now I have to deal with the bombshell that I also have FM. I am not dealing with my new diagnosis very well are there any other suffers of RA and FM on this forum. Plse I need some added support from those struck down like me having two conditions in one.
triciagor
UKFM Member

Re: RA and FM

Postby fibro-lu » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:56 pm

hi,

no RA here
but thought to send you some gentle :hugs: :hugs:

lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby triciagor » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:46 pm

Hi fibro-lu,

Thanks for the love :flowers:, right back at ya :hugs:
triciagor
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:28 am

No sorry, but there are others on here with both, hopefully one of them will be along soon with some advice :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby triciagor » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:59 pm

Thanks for your reply,

Maybe I will find someone on here that I have some common ground with in terms of my RA and FM combination. Having two condtions is very hard to cope with, fibromyalgia on its own is hard enough to come to terms with. Right now I am feeling very, very low everything I once knew as normality as gone from me.
triciagor
UKFM Member

Postby ladygriff58 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:05 pm

hi ive got osteo, avin a scan done on the 24th nov 2 check for r/a, jus hope i avnt got that as well :!: its bad enough living in pain with fibro an the many other illnesses ive got. :(
ladygriff58
UKFM Member

Postby m2kl » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:18 pm

I dont have RA but i do have other conditions to deal with alongside the FM. I do however feel my joints have a problem so i dont know if i will end up with RA or osteo. :hugs: :hugs:
m2kl
UKFM Member

Postby ladygriff58 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:41 pm

hi triciagor, hope ur ok. i was jus wondering being as uve got r/a could u ans this question for me pls. ive got a flare up at the mo, an ive just ad a course of steroids for 1wk only. ive got an appt on the 24th nov which is thurs, for an ultra sound scan on my hands 2c if i got r/a. if i start the steroids now will the scan give a false reading. if anybody else reads this post, an they can ans me id be really gratefull.
ladygriff58
UKFM Member

Postby meyer12 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:59 am

Hi, I have both RA and FM. The RA diagnosis came first then 5 months later the FM was diagnosed. That was over 2 years ago now. I remember feeling a mix of things ranging from relife that i could put a name to what was causing me imense pain,compleate frusteration, anger, blaming myself, and feeling lower than ive ever been. It is very normal to feel every emotion going so allow yourself some time to feel them without beating yourself up for the way you are thinking and feeling. You are not alone :)

With RA there are drugs which can help (as you will know). With me it was a case of sorting meds for that then sorting out meds for fibro. I know from experience that when my meds for fibro are ok i dont think the RA feels so bad in terms of pain i feel in my hands and other joints.

One thing ive found is the more i read about fibro the more i learnt and the better i could deal with it. It is a condition which takes time, I mean that in the sence that it will take time to work out how it effects you, what triggers off pain, what your limitations are and then finally which medications are right for you. Once i got my head around the 'Time' problem it didnt seem so daunting :) Baby steps in my opinion is the best way to look at this infuriating condition.

What has the docs said to you about FM ? have you been given any meds which they want you to try? xxx
meyer12
UKFM Member

Postby ladygriff58 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:00 pm

hi meyer, hope ur ok or as well as can be. i do really feel for u aving the two 2gether that must be soooo frustrating for u :( had f/a for a few years now, an ive tried a few meds. gabapentin, diclofenac an a few others but i dont like the side effects of this meds at ll. also tried a few of the painkillers as well :!: the problem ive got with tabs, its when ive got a flareup, i'll take anything an when im ok an can cope, i'll jus plod on without anything. but when i get a full blown flareup ive been prescribed steroids[only just ] ad them twice so far.
ladygriff58
UKFM Member

Postby meyer12 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:13 am

Ive noticed someone has asked wether having a steroid dose will have an effect on an ultrasound scan, i know from experience that it can effect blood results so i suppose its possible for it to effect an ultrasound too but dont worry about it.

triciagor, how are you feeling today? Just wondering if you have told a GP that you are having difficulty accepting diagnosis as they may be able to help.

Gentle Hugs xxx
meyer12
UKFM Member

Postby triciagor » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:01 pm

Sorry meyer,

I have been feeling very low for a while now and not been on here much........Hope all are ok??????
triciagor
UKFM Member

Postby siennasbreeze » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:53 pm

Hi

I have been diagnosed with RA AND FM only last year.On top of which I have Coeliac Disease,IBS and Raynards Pneumonon .
So basically I am falling to bits and only 40!
Some good news this week though. I had an O.T assessment at home along with Adult Social care,they are organising someone to come and do my housework and have a stairlift fitted.Yippeee I am getting help at last.This will lighten the pressure off my wonderful kids .

Big gentle hugs to you all.xx
siennasbreeze
UKFM Member

Postby triciagor » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:56 am

hi siennabreeze,

Real glad to hear your finally getting the help you need to make your life a little easier. Aint been on here much as been feeling very low. Finding it hard to deal with fibro and all the other issures that come with it, but its nice to hear of someone getting the help the truly need.
triciagor
UKFM Member

Postby Lesley-Ann » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:08 pm

Ahh, the gruesome twosome, the hellish twins, and any other pet names I can think to call them. Most of which I wouldn't dream of vocalising :swear1: especially where it could get me permanently banned. :nono:

Leave me feeling :banghead: and just wishing that they would decide which one has control of my body because it sure isn't me. It's hard to figure which is causing the most pain, frustration and bone weary exhaustion.

Only know it's my RA when a particular pain in centralized on a joint otherwise it could be either of my problem children. :cry:
Lesley-Ann
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems