Help - my teeth are falling out!!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby cherryblossom » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:57 am

Hi All :wave: I know this sounds funny but in the last few months I've had 5 teeth fall out or fall apart :mrgreen: :yikes: !! My dentist is being quite busy bless him! Things is, after yet another one fell out this morning I'm wondering why? I've tried doing some research but not come up with much except somewhere said that if you're on medication that gives you a dry mouth then it's drying the saliva which is our natural defence in our mouth so therefore teeth are more prone to decay etc.

I'm on ami's and tramadol, which do make my mouth dry but as that's the only side effect I get from them my gp is happy for me to stay on them. Does anyone else know anything about this at all as it's getting embarrassing :oops: !! Thankyou. Cherry x
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Re: Help - my teeth are falling out!!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:42 pm

Sorry cherry, no experience or ideas I'm afraid :facepalm: :facepalm: Has your dentist done anything to try and find out what could be causing the problem??
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:16 pm

Hi
So far i have been ok with my teeth (touch wood).
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:51 pm

I went through a couple of months were it felt as though I was always at the docs and had to have a couple out due to abcesses think you'd better check with your dentist to see if he can come up with an explaination. Maybe the stress and worry are having some effect???????????
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby efrem » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:04 pm

:penguin: hi cherry,sorry to hear that you are losing your teeth one by one.like yourself i am on ami`s and tramadols along with garbapentin and co codamols.i find that my mouth is dry and am constantly sipping water.so far :fingerscrossed: my teeth seem to be okay.how is life down south treating you and family.are you prepared for the so called cold winter we are to have.take care,efrem :D
efrem
UKFM Member

Postby MCT » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:02 pm

Do you grind your teeth and/or have TMJ? I have TMJ and have lost fillings and broken teeth as a result of the way my jaw goes into spasm - it's :swear1: sore!
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby caterpillar » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:00 pm

I posted something about this... Since being diagnosed I have a few teeth that are very wobbly, and very sore gums and sensitive teeth.
I've been checked at the dentist and don't have any gum disease.
I have been flossing daily and using Corsodyl and it makes a tiny difference!!! There are a few things if you do a google search which suggest that bad teeth can be caused by FM but not a lot of info I'm afraid.
caterpillar
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:50 pm

http://www.ukfibromyalgia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11048&p=119613#p119613
Here's the linky to the topic caterpillar mentioned, maybe there is something in there that might be useful.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby cherryblossom » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:28 am

Thanks guys for your replies. I've made an appt with my dentist as I'm really worried about it. I'm known for always smiling and to not be able to as my teeth are awful and I now have huge gaps is terribly upsetting and has made me very self-conscious! I think I do have TMJD but am going to ask the dentist about this as when I eat my jaw 'clunks' very loudly and embarrassingly and I do get pain and quite often when I eat my jaw suddenly clamps down and clunks , I have no contro over it,and I very often bite my lip or my tongue or cheeks and my mouth is always full of sores these days and bruising from it!

Efrem, I'm hoping I'm ready for the cold weather! Our son has today stocked up on his log pile as well as supplies various customers with logs. He also has his freezer fully stocked altho he needs another one as when he gets snowed in it will apparently be for at least 3 weeks!! Myself and OH are also freezer stocked but I need to make sure I have my 'winter' stock in. I have my candles and we have our logs in too and I'm trying to get my coal in. The car goes for a service tomorrow and DS has just done his as well as replacing plugs etc as it broke down last week! I'm now trying to make sure I have enough dog and cat food in, wheat bags (I really need more!!) electric, medication, and get my Christmas presents made! My mother, bless her, gave me all of ours last Friday when we went down and saw her (she's in Sussex) ! She's always sooo organised, nothing like me! I have a friend who is also knitting me some gloves to my design so I can wear some nice trendy ones throughout the day without them looking too 'sterile' so to speak! Hopefully, after all this, if we get snowed in again we'll be ok. Our village is all uphill so when it snows we can't get up the hill to get out the village by the only road that takes you to the main road!

Anyway, hope you're all getting ready just in case. Keep warm with loadsa :hugs: Cherry x
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby trafficklights » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:02 pm

Hello im new to all of this just been diagnosed. Im suddenly having lots of trouble with my teeth hope its not linked. Im in shock while reading once diagnosed its a lifetime illness would you know if that is correct.
trafficklights
UKFM Member

Postby cherryblossom » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:09 am

Hi trafficklights :wave: and :welcome: to the forum. Sorry to hear you've just been diagnosed :( but glad you've made it as far as this forum :clap: . Sadly it does seem that Fibro is a lifetime illness and it takes most of us a long time to get our heads round it :crazy: . Have you posted on the 'Where to say Hello' board of the forum :?: I had a quick look and didn't see you there :dunno: but I may have missed you. Pop a note on there and let everyone else know you're about and you're sure to get a happy welcome. Altho being on here means you're in pain like the rest of us it does mean that you've found somewhere where you can ask as many questions as you like and someone is sure to come along sooner or later and help with some answers or if you just want a chat or let off steam you can do it here without any hang-ups as we all know how you feel! Anyway, great to see you here and I hope you like it and it helps you. Take care and see you around :D Cherry :hugs:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby trafficklights » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:34 am

Thankyou Cherry I thanked you on my introduction silly me I used to have a brain lol worked in personnel 10 years think I left it behind when i finished work lol x How are you? Hope you are doing ok take care.
trafficklights
UKFM Member

Postby ann ab fab » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:33 am

Helo cherry,my teeth do sound a bit like urs ,at the min I'm very Run down and getin over a huge fibro flare ,chest infection,and 2 casp it all my one last tooth I hav one the left is playing up now got masiv infection ,so got 2 hav it out,won't take much 2 get it out as very very loos,then I gave a front tooth that's wobbly ,grrrrrrr,my dentist is great new all about fibro maid me a retainer 2 ware at nite,2 stop me grinding,helpd loads ...gentle hugs x x :twodrinking2:
ann ab fab
UKFM Member

Postby lynda williams » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:27 pm

I suffer with dry mouth sore gums and a constent sore troat. I have lost two of my teeth had root canal then got infections had them out then some of the roots had been left and flared up had an hour sergery cut gums to remove what was left then stitched them up. Then I got really ill had to pull over into a car park and phone for my partner to come and drive me home. Went back to the dentist had dry socket which is an ifection. This made me really ill the pain in my face was hurendous. Some of my teeth are chipped and cracked from grinding in my sleep. Dentist made me a mouth guard but cant wear it its too uncomfortable. Also anestetic injections at the dentist numbs the gums but I can still feel the pain whilst having treatment. This was also the case when having implant in my arm I could still feel knife after 3 injections. I don't have any wobbly teeth just a sweet tooth :oops:
lynda williams
UKFM Member

Postby trafficklights » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:13 pm

Just got my missing front tooth replaced now my other front tooth seems to have an abcess im fed up with it.
trafficklights
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems