Heavy arms

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Heavy arms

Postby kazzie » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:35 pm

Hi - sorry to bother you all! For the last 6 weeks my elbows have given me grief. I know that's down to my fibro. For the last week me right arm has felt so heavy, I can't lift or grip well and it feels like I have warm water running down the inside of my arm. :cry: If I go to sleep (which is happening a lot at the moment) I wake up with severe pins and needles.

Anyone else had this problem?
kazzie
UKFM Newbie

Re: Heavy arms

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:43 pm

I have heavy arms a lot of the time kazzie, and there are quite a few posts about having heavy arms and heavy legs, so it does seem to be fairly common with us FMers :facepalm: :facepalm:

The sensation of water running thru your arm is a part of it as well :facepalm: :facepalm: With you saying it's been like it for a week, with something new, having it checked out by a GP just to be sure there isn't anything else causing the problem is always a good idea.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby kazzie » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:18 am

Thanks - I have an appointment on Monday to see my GP. I just get so fed up with going in there and telling him about all these things. I know he's a GP but I feel like a hypochondriac.
kazzie
UKFM Newbie

Postby Roseofsharon » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:05 am

Hi Kazzie, please don't feel like a hypochondriac we have so many symptoms that others cannot see, you know how you feel and what is bothering you please go to your GP when you need to that's what he's there for and also what he get's paid for.

As for heavy arms as has already been said it seems to be part and parcel of being an FMer. The water thing I have had something similar since my car accident in 2006. For me it was my knee. I had an open fracture of the right knee, and it was a few days after the accident that I wanted to rip off my cast and check my knee as it felt like I had blood running down my lower leg. I still get that sensation sometimes. I also get the waking up with pins and needles in my arm when I've slept on it.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems