swollen elbows

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

swollen elbows

Postby coral » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:23 pm

Hi all. I posted on here last week that I paid to see a private Rheumy. Had my letter off him today saying that I got 18/18 fibro trigger points and mild osteoarthritis in my joints. He's telling my GP to up my Ami's from 50mg to 60mg and put me on Pregabalin and if that doesn't help to try Duloxetine.

Ok since I went to see him last Friday 2 days ago I noticed that inside both my elbows that is a lot of swelling. Is that normal and part of Fibro? I know I've had some very weird things over the last few years but this is a new one on me. They normally just hurt a lot and if I fall asleep with my arms folded I find it difficult to straighten them out for a bit when I wake up but I've never noticed them swollen like they are now.

Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks.
coral
UKFM Member

Re: swollen elbows

Postby denys » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:40 pm

Fibro doesnt normally produce inflammation or swelling, but a few people have said they suffer swelling in different places such as fingers, toes etc. so could be but I think you ought to get it checked out with a doctor :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:05 pm

Hi
I agree with Denys, best to get it checked out by your GP, it could be due to the osteoarthritis. :dunno: you dont get inflammation with fibro.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby coral » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:40 pm

Thanks both for your replies. I've got a doctor's appointment tomorrow at 4.50pm as he's had the letter from the Rheumy telling him to up my Ami's and try the Pregabalin so I'll show him my elbows tomorrow and ask him what it could be. I expect he'll say "well you do have Fibromyalgia" like he normally does but I will point out that the Rheumy said I have mild Osteo and see what he says.
coral
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:41 pm

hope the drs appt goes ok, have had tender elbows but not noticed any swelling.

let us know how you get on. :-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby sue e » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:09 am

Often the insides of my elbows are the bits which hurt most for me. A friend did once say that they looked swollen. I have osteo too. I also find I can't sleep in my usual position with my arms 'bent'. I have to lay with them straight :roll: In the mornings it takes me ages to 'straighten' most of my body. Putting 'me drawers' and trousers on is a nightmare. :lol: I've got a new ache recently which is around my right shoulder blade.
sue e
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems