trapped nerve

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

trapped nerve

Postby meyer12 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:27 am

Think ive got a trapped nerve in my neck! its not the first time its happend but have never been to the docs about it. It happend 8 weeks ago and over this weekend ive woken up with nerve pain thats shooting down my shoulders. the only relife i have is if i sit very still and with my head bend forward slightly.
Ive been taking 4 times a day... 2paracetamol, 2 codein, 2 nefopam and i take gabapentin. any advice on how i could ease it would be great. Am going to make an appointment at the docs tomorrow (if i can get an appointment).

Thanks x
meyer12
UKFM Member

Re: trapped nerve

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:16 pm

Have you had a look on NHS Direct or other similar, credible place to see if there are any suggestions?? Other than that, making an appt to see your GP like you've already said is all that comes to mind at the moment :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

NHS Direct linky http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby fibro-lu » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:31 pm

best to make an appointment with your GP asap

in the mean time, how do you tolerate heat?
you could try a hot water bottle/wheat bag to relax the muscles in your neck

feel better soon
lu
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:16 pm

Hi
I was going to suggest what Lu mentioned, a wheat bag, you can buy the long ones which once heated can be wrapped around your neck.

Hope it eases soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems