Bloating....

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Bloating....

Postby mand » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:46 pm

It's absolutlly doing my nut in :swear1: , im in pain, uncomfortable and so,so irritable......im at the docs on friday, it carn't come soon enough, at the moment permenantly bloated when i eat food even today took medication for pain after dinner and my stomach shot out, it feels like i have a tennis ball under left side of my ribs, burping burning sensation and tummy pain......i was on omeprazole daily but gp has taken me off it, why do they mess around with drugs.....i felt a bit better on that, dont know whether its ibs or they need to check for gallstone trouble......well i hope he has his magic wand on friday, i want relief fast :f1-car:

any suggestions on what i can takw to relive symptoms.........im kinda desperate :shock:
mand
UKFM Member

Re: Bloating....

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:22 pm

I have major bloating and its causes added pain to my ribs and they get really sore.

hope u find some relief soon
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby animalhouse » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:32 pm

i have bloating that just makes me feel fat but don;t suffer pains/uncomfortable wind unless i take lactulose, i just seem to have a slower metabolism if i don;t take anythign so it must be almost asleep like a dormant lion.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby mand » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:40 pm

Hi all, saw the gp this am, having a few tests and scans to rule out stuff and now permenantly on omerprazole, so hopefully will get relief i was up since 2am gawd i was sore, im thinking of looking into my diet as well....i need to do somthing to get relief :dunno: ..... i have foods that dont agree with me .....so any ideas gang
mand
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:22 pm

Is there a dietician/nutrionist type person/nurse at your surgery mandy that you could see for advice?? They may have some suggestions about how to approach things 8-) 8-)
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby *Hope* » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:02 pm

I have cut out wheat now for 2 weeks and my bloating has really calmed down, its too soon to make any firm decisions but so far so good.
*Hope*
UKFM Member

Postby mand » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:16 am

Today i purchased some high strength peppermint oil caps 1/2 price at h and b, had two at dinnertime and burping straight away :shock: peppermint aero :lol: you cannot take them at the same time as indegestion tabs or antacid stuff, im hoping i get relief, i have now been diagnosed with ibs, so it's a case of get on with it....i will post again if improved on the bloating bit........take care......mand
mand
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:11 pm

correct that today i have terrible abdo pain and bloating, feel too full to eat.

had a lovely meal out yesterday for first time in ages, have been cutting wheat out for past few weeks and lactose from milk/cheese.

i use lactofree milk/spread/cheese but had forget how much i use to suffer as not been like this for ages so it must be working.

worth looking at diet aspect.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby Nellyphant » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:07 pm

I've cut wheat and lactose too and I'm feeling much better. I also have lots of other trigger foods such as onions and peppers. I still get the bloating and pain though and the only thing that helps me is heat on my stomach. I have hot water bottles left at all family homes that we stay at for such occasions! I've had IBS since I was 4 (41 now). Dr put me on Omeprezole when I finally got dx with fibro to counteract the ibuprofen (have lots of swollen joints) and it's helped a lot too.
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:34 pm

just realised on the gabapentin box it says they contain lactose monohydrate = is this the same type of stuff.

although not noticed any of the tablets affecting me in any way, only when i had lactulose again without thinking as must be a bigger qualitty, not really had many wheat things apart from pizza a couple of times.

:oops: :oops: until today had a piece of crust from a local bakery/cafe we stopped by yesterday and when everyone was out toay i had a piece to cheer me up - to be honest first time in ages had an appetite to be interested in food.

also bought frozen blueberries from morrisons so have been putting oats/milk/blueberries in microwave to make quick porridge and also defrost them with a bit of syrup on and lvoely sweet fix;
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems