new doc

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

new doc

Postby thebryans » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:43 am

have been to see a new doc who has started at our surgery, and he is brilliant,
asked me loads of questions etc, and asked what tests i have had, told him only 1 brain mri and seen the rhuemy, ( just pressure tests) and the respiratory clinic for my sleep apnea.
So he has gone nuts,
said he wants full body scans, and sending me back to neurology, as veryy worried as most of the time now i have no feeling in my hands, or my legs and keep falling,
He has also altered my meds,
now on
1xbaclofen 3 times a day.
1x propananol 2 times a day,
1 citalaphram.
300mg pregabalin 2times a day.
2x 50mg tramadol upto 4 times a day,
along side the 2 paracetamol upto 4 times a day
all this along with the dratted cpap thing is driving me nuts.
thankfully the move went fine and my brother and hubby did all the decorating and fitted the carpet in 5 days, they worked so hard, I love the flat and feel more settled here,
Its just with the pain being so bad that I cant walk at the moment its making me more depressed,
the one thing that keeps me going is my hubby, who is the best in the world, and is so loving caring, and very very understanding, and truely believes in what fibro does to a person,
soft hugs to everyone, and hope you are all as well as you can be xxx :grouphug:
thebryans
UKFM Member

Re: new doc

Postby denys » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:21 am

so glad the move went well and that you feel more settled, the weather wont be helping with your pain unfortuantely. Great news about the new doc too it makes things much less stressful when you have an understanding doctor who listens to you :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Tricia_TD » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:51 pm

I'm glad that you've found a good GP. It makes all the difference when we have to go and see them, knowing that they understand.

I also have Sleep Apnoea. I still hate using the CPAP after 2 years, but I got used to wearing the mask after a few months. I think it's a case of putting up with it for the sake of your health. Hang on in with it, and if you have any questions, just ask and I'll try to answer them for you.

Tricia
Endometriosis ~ Depression ~ Anxiety ~ Sleep Apnoea ~ Fibromyalgia

http://endosistersuk.freeforums.org/index.php Worldwide Endometriosis Support Forum
Tricia_TD
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:59 pm

Hi
Its great to hear you have a supporting GP. :hugs: :clap: :clap:

Glad the move went ok and you are happy and settled. :santchimney1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems