confused & disorientated

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

confused & disorientated

Postby thebryans » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:46 am

hi folks,
I have been having very strange sensations, I am really confused, and am having trouble in consentrating, or explaining anything, forgetting how to work things, or where i am, along with being very disorientated, floaty feelings,
hubby says half the time my words are just a jumble, i did tell the doc but he was more worried about other things and getting tests for them
Its quite scarey at times, as if hubby pops out to the shop ( i wont go as hate going out) i become panicky and very confused,
does anyone else get like this, as its really freaking me out,
love & soft hugs xxx
thebryans
UKFM Member

Re: confused & disorientated

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:29 pm

:xmaswave1: :xmaswave1: loraine, I resized the text in your post as it was a bit :shock: :shock: :shock: and funny to read :snowgrumpy: :snowgrumpy:

I'm not surprised you're feeling a bit freaked out with what you've said, it sounds like it's all jumped out at you all at once :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

The forgetfulness, speaking gibberish (that only a fellow FMer can understand :facepalm: :facepalm: ) lack of concentration could be due to several reasons, such as dear old fibrofog could be playing up more than usual, if you've had any new meds or dosages changed recently it could be a side effect of that. Or it could be due to anxiety/panic.

The only way to find out tho is to talk to your GP, which I know won't be easy with Christmas literally round the corner :facepalm: :facepalm:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:51 pm

aw Lorraine :hugs:
its horrible when you get everything in one go and feel like your going mad :(
try not to get stressed out over it and try and relax as much as possible
if your thinking of loads of things at the same time, its like overload of your brain :roll:

you need to talk to gp and as flup said it could be meds

hope it all settles soon, let us know how you are getting on :hugs: :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby jamesmcg » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:17 pm

hey there, so sorry to hear about these awful symptoms - but your not alone! I would say my very worst symptom is just as you mention, terrible confusion and disorientation - where everything feels.....just not right, so disconnected - and those symptoms in themselves i think make me more anxious and worried, which then makes everything worse and so on. I find mine is worse when i dont sleep well, which is often - but with better and longer sleep it really does make a difference. What i try to do is remember that when im better rested, these feelings pass ever so slightly, and sometimes thats enough to just take the edge off and to stop it from spiraling. Really sorry for you, i sometimes think these feelings are worse than the outright physical pain :-(
jamesmcg
UKFM Member

Postby thebryans » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:14 pm

Hiya James,
Doc has now changed my meds, and taken me off the citalaphram and put me on fluoxetine 20mg once a day, so lets see if they help any, also doubled my pregabalin, think the depression and panic attacks are having a major dance around my head at the moment,
had an urgent app with neuro, to go tomorrow to see another doc and tests, as my own doc thick I must have had a smal TIA and that its more like ms than fibro,
Havent had full feeling in my left hand for a few weeks so hey ho another thing,
Its a good job we all have godd sense of humour or we would scream,.
For the falling asleep in the day, get doc to check you for sleep aopnea, as thats what caused, me to fall asleep all the time, must say I am 30% better with my cpap, so worth getting it checked,
:grouphug:
loraine
thebryans
UKFM Member

Postby busy mummy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:23 pm

Hi there

I had Fluoxetine years ago for depression, the effects you describe are similar to the side effects I experienced.

It took about 3-4 weeks to settle down. Make sure you take it at the same time every day, after an hour or so the symptoms will start to kick in again. Doctor prescribed too high dose at first and after the side effects subsided I felt like, well, I just felt nothing at all; not happy, not sad, not excited, not frightened, just nothing, it was really weird, so watch out for that too.

Once they are 'bedded in' though I found them really good, keep persevering with them, I am sure it will come right in the end.

Sarah x
busy mummy
UKFM Member

Postby thebryans » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:32 pm

Hi Sarah,
the funny feelings and disorientaion started before I went on the fluoxetine, I was still on the citalaphram which I had been on for several years,
Luckily dont seem to be having any side affects to the new tabs, ( thank god) although I do feel a little more detached so not getting so upset,
Which is good as last friday had to put my 15yr old shih tzu asleep, ( i had her from 6wk old) and although I am devastated, I also know these pills have doped me up more so helped, as think if I was not on these I may have gone off the rails, ( still almost been there) so I know the next months are gonna be sooooo hard for me,
loraine xxx
thebryans
UKFM Member

Postby jamesmcg » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:39 pm

thanks for that lorraine, i defo will get that checked! defo is like being very drunk (and i never drink alchohol!) then just suddenly im sleeping for a few mins, then wake up feeling totally out of it, really groggy and confused
jamesmcg
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems