guess who had to call an ambulance today?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

guess who had to call an ambulance today?

Postby Adele » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:31 pm

i hope you are all having a lovely christmas day.

i woke up this morning with a dangerously high temperature and was too ill to call for help for about 3 hours. an ambulance came and stayed for 2 hours, then a doctor came out. i thought it was meningitis as my neck was stiff, i couldn't bear any lights on and i had the worst headache of my life.

as it turns out the headache was from severe dehydration and the fever from pneumonia. again. a week ago i asked my gp for antibiotics over the phone after coughing for 5 weeks. i definitely left it too late and didn't tell anyone i was coughing up blood.

i am now on extra strength antibiotics for the next few weeks. i'm so stupid. i know i am immunosuppressed and i've had pneumonia enough times but wishing it would go away obviously didn't work.

anyway staying at home for now as i may pick up a worse infection in hospital. christmas obviously cancelled in my house; we are saving everything for "christmas the sequel" in january.
:sick: adele xx
Adele
UKFM Member

Re: guess who had to call an ambulance today?

Postby Selkie » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:11 pm

GWS! :xmaswave1:

I hope you have a great Christmas: The Sequel when you have it!
Selkie
UKFM Member

Postby Roseofsharon » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:58 pm

Get Well Soon Adele.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby Adele » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:49 am

thank you. i really recommend an emergency pendant for anyone bed ridden or prone to falls.
i've had it a year but this is the first time i've had to use it.

i feel very ill and i'm hoping i wake up tomorrow feeling not so bad.
sweet dreams, A xx
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby cherryblossom » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:51 pm

Oh Adele, how awful for you :( I really hope you start to feel better soon. We're having a 'sequel' in our house too due to a lack of money! The kids didn't quite get what we really wanted to get them, nothing expensive, just cheap basics jeans and some tops each, nothing expensive or designer but we've been counting pennies down to the last penny on the electric meter and lack of food in the freezer :roll: . But on the up side at least we might save a few pennies in the sales :lol: Please concentrate on getting well again and don't leave it so long, especially if you know the symptoms now. And to anyone else on their own or left alone in the day, the little 'help' pendants are worth having and don't be afraid to use them. Hoping you're all still well and taking care. Cherry x :grouphug:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:15 pm

Oh dear I hope you're feeling better now :flowers:
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Adele » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:40 pm

thank you. btw i called nhs direct about my cough a couple of days before christmas because i was finding it hard to breathe and my asthma was playing up. i was told off for taking antibiotics for a dry cough and all i had was the common cold. i explained that i am unable to cough properly to clear my chest and was worried it was pneumonia again.

i am going to be more assertive from now on when it comes to my health and not trust nhs direct with anything. i'm even a bit cross at my gp who is normally outstanding. he was happy to diagnose a chest infection over the phone but kept going on about the sertraline i'm taking being an inhaler (it's an anti-d).

i will see a human being in person from now on. no more over-the-phone consultations.
best wishes, A x
Adele
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems