Depressed

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Depressed

Postby Lorrie82 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:24 pm

I keep having a go at my partner soon I'm gonna lose him which I don't want. How do I explain fibro mood swings and that 1 min ya fine and the next ur really low then alsorts go through my head. I wish he understood more bout fibro but I'm still learning things bout it. If u get what I mean. All I do is cry laterly and can't snap out if it. Also can't sleep. So any advice would b great. Does any1 get a low as this or is it just me as I do feel very alone at the mo. Xxx
Lorrie82
UKFM Member

Re: Depressed

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:41 pm

Yes Lorrie, we do get low at times :( :( Depression is one of FM's sidekicks unfortunately :-x :-x I'm only recently starting to climb up from my latest fall down the hole, that's why we keep that rope coiled up in the corner. When one of us falls back in, the rescue party throw it down and help pull us out :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Have you tried showing your OH, family and friends the posts about the Spoon Theory and One For The Non~Believers?? They can help with giving no FMers an idea of how life can be for us.

Maybe you should think about going to see your GP if you keep feeling so low :dunno: :dunno: As well as meds, talking therapies are often available, which can help either on their own or being used together.

You're definitely not alone now you're with us :grouphug: :grouphug: You can always have a moan, ask a question, or just be a bit :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: if you want to. Altho we don't have a physical presence anywhere, that doesn't mean we can't be there for each other. Just knowing there is someone who understands how you're feeling, thinking and what you're going thru can even make a bit of a difference :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:20 pm

go and have a good chat with your gp
my be you need something to help you at the minuet
depression is a horrid thing to have :fingerscrossed:
it will bog off soon :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:09 pm

I agree with the others, maybe a trip to talk to your doc would help. Talk to your partner the worst thing you can do is go quiet as they will feel shut out and then assume its something they've done so keep the lines of communication open :fingerscrossed: you'll start to feel a bit brighter soon
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby busy mummy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:36 pm

I have had similar problems with hubby.

I tried to talk to him about things but it always seemed to be a circular conversation about how nasty I was.

At christmas , after trying for about 6 months to talk to him , I wrote him a letter, explaining all I could about mood swings, pain , fatigue etc. I thought at least by reading the letter he wouldnt be able to snipe back before I finished talking lol.

Anyhow it does seem to have worked, the last few weeks he has been a lot more understanding and I have been a lot less stressed.

Sarah x
busy mummy
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:52 pm

Glad you've found a way to get him to try and understand Sarah :blowkiss: :blowkiss: Sometimes, when you start writing it down rather than trying to talk, it can be easier to get things out. Hope it carries on being less stressful for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Depressed

Postby Lorrie82 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:54 pm

Thanks every1 it's nice to know that I've got support from people that understand. Thanks again I will try and write him a letter but I reckon it would b a book by the time I finish writing it. Lol I will also have another word wiv my doctor.xxx
Lorrie82
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:03 am

its good to write things down
don't matter if it turns into a book its got it out of your system
glad you are going to gp :blowkiss:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems