Associated with Fibro

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Associated with Fibro

Postby 2steps » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:54 pm

I get fed up reading stuff on the internet such as insomnia causes Fibro, eating sugar is bad for fibro, obesity causes fibro. Can't it be the other way round, fibro makes us crave more carbs, causes insomnia, causes us to be irritable, causes us to be too focussed in some aspects of our lives, makes us anxious. I even read one Dr thought the only person that could cure Fibro was the person themselves I guess cos he thinks it's self inflicted (all in our heads). Start taking a detailed history from Fibro sufferers, I believe it's genetic and men seldom get diagnosed.

Probably forgotten stuff I wanted to say.

Sermon over for now
Amen :twisted:
2steps
UKFM Member

Re: Associated with Fibro

Postby denys » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:04 pm

Hi 2steps and :welcome: to the forum, maybe it is the way you think the problem with FM is very little is known about the whys and wherefores and until more research is funded and reliable testing carried out it will always be that way :dunno:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby tonydin » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:26 pm

plenty of men on here now????????????????????????
i think its gemetic as well
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:47 pm

I read something pretty interesting about Fibro someone posted on FB. It was plugging an American Physician's book but this guy seems to have studied it a lot and is interested in a genetic element i.e. people being 'pre-disposed' towards Fibro and how most people seem to develop the condition following trauma, whether physical or mental. All to do with serotonin levels. Basically from what I remember (will try and find the link) he argued that people with Fibro are genetically sensitive (hence why many Fibromites are sensitive to certain foods, meds, allergies etc plus having a highly reactive physical response to stress).

I think in a few years, maybe not for a few decades, but hopefully sooner, we will have more answers regarding Fibro. More research definitely needs to be carried out.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems