Bruises

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Bruises

Postby tireesix » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:00 pm

I bruise easy anyway thanks to the EDS, but these past couple of weeks I am coming up in loadsa bruises and I have zero idea where they have come from. A lot of them are literally the length of my little finger. Mahoosive black, green, yellow, purple blue, brown things. Its nasty.

They are all over my legs and arms, a couple are quite painful with a a good bump underneath. WTH is causing them?????
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Re: Bruises

Postby denys » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:32 pm

could it be your new meds Katie??????
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby tireesix » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:43 pm

Don't know..... I'm not taking anti nausea stuff anymore because it just made me feel more sick, might be the lamotrigine......
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby tireesix » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:45 pm

Oh crap, it says under serious side effects of lamotrigine that should be reported asap includes unusual bruising........ This is so unfair...... But surely I would have gotten it sooner? Been on it since November?

Maybe its more to do with the fact that I really can't eat?
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby tireesix » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:47 pm

OK, crappy diet could cause bruising due to malnutrition....... I will get a doc appt again tomorrow, maybe they can supply me with a ton of vits til this food thing is over......
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:29 pm

Hi Katie

Sounds like you need to try a different med if they are still causing sickness and your still not eating plus now you are coming out in bruises. :yikes: :goodluck1: at the docs.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby tireesix » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:05 pm

I so hope its not the meds, I don't wanna switch, feel awesome.

I am just gonna hope its the eating thing (or lack of). I don't think its the meds making me sick, this whole gut thing does happen and can last for months and no one really knows why and nothing ever fixes it, its just a case of waiting for it to pass and providing me with vitamin/mineral support in the mean time. It has happenednumerous times but only 4 or 5 times this bad. Usually its light nausea with a bit of vomiting. Can't remember if I bruised like this though. Probably wouldn't have noticed what with younger kids etc.

Och well, shall see doc tomorrow and keep fingers crossed cos I really don't want to change meds. Its so difficult to find meds that actually help my mood swings, this is literally the first one to have worked EVER, worse draw back is the nympho thing that goes with it cos theres no one to use it with PMSL.... Well, not right now, maybe in a month or so hahahahaha.......... (Jeez, does that sound bad cos of the ex???? I am sorting out a solicitor for a divorce tomorrow..........).
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:44 pm

Have you had a blood test lately Katie? that may show up something if you have stomach problems, might be worth you asking your doc to do some tests. :hugs:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby tireesix » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:21 pm

Haven't had a chance to go docs but the bruises seem to be chilling (well kinda), I don't know whether I upped the last lot of medicine a bit too fast or summat. Who knows?

Still gonna get in whenever I can (turns out its kinda hard when you have a 3 year old limpet lol + 2 other kids.......).
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby fionarodriguez » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:06 pm

Hi all
can anyone shed any light on this. I seem to have bruises pop up on me and i dont know why and they are not small ones. I could haave one appear and wouldnt know anything about it till my hb points it out to me........
fionarodriguez
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems