tin taste...do you think....

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

tin taste...do you think....

Postby mand » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:35 pm

Ive got a shocking tin taste in my mouth, 10 days ago i started taking a mammouth ammount of antibiotics (3,000mgs a day) and suprised myself only thing i suffered was a tin taste for up to 3 hours after meds were taken..... finished the course last week and today.......ewwwww tin taste all day, ive looked in my mouth no signs of thrush, well no white bits, never had thrush before....but tongue feels more sensitive and sore... i dont know whether to see gp again.....im fed up of going, dont know if he's charged his magic wand, if he can do anything or not

id be greatful for any advice especially getting rid of the taste in my mouth, if it's not one thing it's another
mand
UKFM Member

Re: tin taste...do you think....

Postby shazq » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:05 pm

HI
Have you tried mouth wash? Have you had a filling recently?

My taste buds are all over the place, they have been for over a yr now, i get a sore tongue and sore throat quite often.

You should get your GP to check you over just to rule other things out. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Lubilou » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:21 pm

A tin taste can sometimes be due to a higher blood flow around your gums.
Lubilou
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:29 pm

Think you should get it checked out, metallic tastes can be due to a number of things not necessarily related to FM :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:24 pm

I was going to make the same suggestion as Denys, mand. Hope you can find the reason for it happening soon :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby coral » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:18 am

I too suffer with a sore tongue, have had it off and on now for 2 years this month. Been tried for thrush loads of times but nothing cures it. Private rheumy I seen said its because the immune system if down and he's seen lots of patients with this. I posted last December on here, GP said she thought I had thrush and had the treatment for it (itching down below too), done the treatment no difference. Seen another GP he put me on Metronizadole in case there was infection there. Finished the weeks course, still the same. Back to GP again (first one I seen), she thinks that as I'm 50 I'm low on Estrogen and that's why I'm itching. Been using HRT cream for a week and the itch is just as bad. My tongue is so so so sore. Last week it was beefy red and raw. This week it's a greeny yellow colour all over with lots of cracks. Having to put up with Fibro pain is bad enough but these other symptoms are driving me up the wall. Can't even satisfy the other half since christmas. Then to top it all my vision has gone incredibly blurry since 2 days ago. I've also had toothache the last few weeks and ended up having a nerve taken out of my back tooth. This Fibro thing is so difficult to know what's what. What annoys me is even the GP's don't really know and then you have to wait months to get to see a consultant and half the time the thing that you had has moved to somewhere else.
coral
UKFM Member

Postby Lubilou » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:18 am

There is evidence out there which states using a raw garlic clove peeled in side your vagina at night (put a string of thread through it to make it in to a tampon) eradicates thrush, you can also take garlic capsules too.
Lubilou
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems