Numbness

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Numbness

Postby Bebbe » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:08 pm

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if any one else suffers from random numb patches, my 1st numb patch started off about the size of a 10p at the top of groin area and now about 60% of my body is either numb or less sensitive. :-| I'm getting worried though the numbness is starting to spread to my girls bits :yikes:
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Re: Numbness

Postby Adele » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:17 pm

hi. i have the same problem. my neurologist and rheummy can't explain it. mind you i am on so many different types of pain relief i suppose it's not a surprise normal sensations are supressed. please get it checked out though with your gp just to be safe. xx
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:48 pm

It does sound like it needs checking out Bebbe, with it affecting such a large part of you. Altho things like tingling and numbness can be FM related, there could be another reason for the way it is affecting you :hugs: :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:09 am

This really needs checking out bebbe, spreading the way you describe sounds like something you need to talk to the doc about :yikes:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Bebbe » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:11 pm

Thanks for your replies, I'm seeing my doctor in two week's I also think there is something else going on.
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:40 pm

:fingerscrossed: for your appointment :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Bebbe » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:32 am

Thanks
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby Bebbe » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:45 pm

My Doctor is sending me back to see a neurologist.
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:56 pm

:goodluck1: with your appt Bebbe.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:23 pm

Hope you can get some answers Bebbe :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Bebbe » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:36 pm

Thanks
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby Bebbe » Fri May 04, 2012 12:57 pm

The Neurologist still thinks my numbness is down to the fibro because I'm not suffering from incontinence, but she is reluctantly sending me for an MRI scan of my whole spine.
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri May 04, 2012 3:46 pm

:goodluck1: with your scan Bebbe :hugs:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Bebbe » Sat May 05, 2012 1:41 pm

Thanks
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby steph1984 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:26 pm

Hello Bebbe,

Just wondering whether the doctors have found anything that could cause your numbness?
I've had it for about 2 years, starting in my left foot, gradually worked its way up to my hip, then spread from my left shoulder down to my left hand... My left arm and leg just feel like they're not mine, with the numbness, and tingling too.
That's why I started seeing a neurologist, who was pretty convinced it was MS, but all the tests (including MRI and lumbar puncture) came back negative. He then said it could all be fibromyalgia-related, and then referred me to a rheumatologist. I've now been diagnosed with probable fibro. But nothing has been done to manage my numbness to this day, and it does worry me a bit.
steph1984
UKFM Newbie

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems