Numbness

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Numbness

Postby Bebbe » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:15 pm

Hi steph. My neurologist is sending me for a MRI scan which I'm still waiting for an appointment but she thinks my numbness is down to fibromyalgia because my numbness is not consistent with nerve damage.
Sorry I can't be of any more help to you.
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby steph1984 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:59 pm

Thanks for letting me know Bebbe. Good luck with your MRI, all the best.
steph1984
UKFM Newbie

Postby Bebbe » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:29 pm

Thanks
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby Lorrainespad » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:57 pm

My numbness started with pins and needles in my arms waking Me during the night. I now have constant numbness in my left arm and left foot. I have just been given a crutch to walk with. I hate the fact that I seem to be getting worse.
Lorrainespad
UKFM Newbie

Postby cj72 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:26 pm

last year the left side of my body then face went numb my face /head still is the neuroligist doesnt think its anything bad but im gettin a neck mri incase but as of yet no one can say why its all numb its even affecting my speech :cry:
cj72
UKFM Newbie

Postby Bebbe » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:25 pm

I am going for my MRI scan tomorrow so I should find out in a few weeks if I have any nerve damage.
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:29 pm

:goodluck1: Bebbe :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:31 pm

:goodluck1: Bebbe
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:42 pm

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: Bebbe :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:55 pm

Bebbe wrote:I am going for my MRI scan tomorrow so I should find out in a few weeks if I have any nerve damage.

Yep same here im off for my first MRI tomorrow. Its in the evening 630! :-?

There looking at the lumbar spine as i have been getting leg numbness & tingling & pain down my right leg.

Good luck for tomorrow :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Bebbe » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:18 pm

My scan is of my spine as my main numbness from the tops of my thighs and upwards.
:goodluck2: with your scan Lisa
*Lisa* wrote:
Bebbe wrote:I am going for my MRI scan tomorrow so I should find out in a few weeks if I have any nerve damage.

Yep same here im off for my first MRI tomorrow. Its in the evening 630! :-?

There looking at the lumbar spine as i have been getting leg numbness & tingling & pain down my right leg.

Good luck for tomorrow :goodluck1:
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:44 pm

:goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: with your MRI Lisa :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Hopefully you'll both get some answers as to what is giving you the extra problems :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Bebbe » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:04 pm

My scan has been cancelled :( the MRI is broken so I have to wait for another appointment.
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby samanthal » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:37 pm

Hi Bebbe,

That's so frustrating :( I am sorry to hear that. I know how you are feeling. Have you called them to find out where you are on the list - as there will be a backlog now. I'm wondering whether your doctor can help to push you up the list so that you are seen sooner rather than later? It might be worth a try. It's horrible to feel in limbo isnt it?

Take care and let us know how you get on.

S x
samanthal
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Bebbe wrote:My scan has been cancelled :( the MRI is broken so I have to wait for another appointment.

Oh no! :hugs:

I can imagine how you feel as you get prepared for the day like myself and for it to be canceled must be so frustrating. I hope they can book you in soon!

Iv not heard anything yet so :fingerscrossed: mines still going ahead later although they do stress that if emergancy cases come thro i'll be left to wait or come back another time so i will wait and see.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

PreviousNext

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems