Numbness

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Numbness

Postby Bebbe » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:48 pm

Thanks.
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby marianne p » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:21 pm

hi i also get numbness in face , hands and feet,it can be a bit scary at times !! marianne p :shock:
marianne p
UKFM Member

Numbness

Postby mcconnellla » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:48 pm

Fingers crossed for you I also have this but not as bad as you. Let us all know how u get on :)
mcconnellla
UKFM Member

Postby Bebbe » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi everyone :wave:
I have had my MRI scan it took about 50 minutes because they scanned all of my spine it was quite noisy a lot of buzzing then a banging sound as if someone was in the room with a pneumatic drill, I was a bit panicky at first :yikes: but I kept my eyes shut for most of the time, I felt quite sleepy towards the end of it :sleep:
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:34 pm

Hope you dont have to wait to long for the results. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Robbiedog » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:58 pm

Hi all.
I have been through all this too. I was diagnosed with Fibro about 18 months ago. Last Christmas I was being investigated for suspected MS. It wasn't, thank heavens, but made for a miserable Christmas holiday... I reported left foot and lower leg numbness, and also inner thighs and all my naughty bits. I also had bladder problems and some "accidents" which was rather worrying. I am female.

I was an hour in the MRI machine, scanning brain and spine. There was a mirror thing on a headcage which helped me to see out the end of the tube. I fell asleep after doing deep breathing and relaxation techniques. I was given musical headphones, but by the time the noisy machine revved itself up to Warp Nine I couldn't hear any tune at all!

The scan came back negative for MS which was a great relief. They think the numbness and bladder problems are all down to the fibromyalgia, and have offered no treatment other than drugs for an unstable bladder, which have helped. My GP is keeping an eye on me with regular visits and blood tests.

My hands and lower arms also go numb and tingling at odd intervals.

Robbiedog.
Robbiedog
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:04 pm

My results from my leg numbness was a combination on 4 problems :yikes:

I have bulging discs/degenerative disc disease, an inward curved spine and siatica :roll:

I origanly was told it was a prolapsed disc entrapping a nerve :dunno: mmm wasnt expecting what i got :shock:

Apparently everything combined plus the fibro is giving me these dibilitating symptoms and numbness.

:waiting:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Bebbe » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:44 pm

Hi everyone, got my results from my mri scan there was no abnormality detected, this is good news but my numbness remains a mystery thanks to fibromyalgia :roll:
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:20 pm

Thats great news Bebbe.

Hope you get some answers soon on the numbness. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Flash » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:00 pm

My numbness has affected me for about 22 years now. Back then I never knew about Fibro and it wasn't really looked into. Just another neurotic woman with problems.

After a car accident 18 years ago, I started to get 'somewhere'. investigations found arthritis already present, I suspected that wasn't all but atleast it wasn't in my head any more. I was diagnosed with F.M, 7 years ago after years wondering what else was wrong with me.

It starts in the back of my neck and head and down both arms. They feel like balloons, it takes a while to get the feeling back and when it does, it is painful. Sometimes the lower jaw is affected and my speach goes slured. I have woken at night, tried to call out but all I get is a 'Huuhh!' My hands are now constantly weak.

If I sit too long, when I get up, the bottom of my spine, coccyx, but cheeks and nether reigions go numb then very tingly. Not nice at all.

This was mentioned to the rhumatologist who diagnosed me and he put it down as another symptom. I have had nerve tests which show nothing to worry about although there is damage due to the O.A. Only worried if I lose continence or the long term use of my limbs. The neck and jaw problem is getting worse so now have to see a nuerologist.

See what happens next. Take care, Bebbe and all...
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby Bebbe » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:34 pm

Hi, Flash
I also get a numb bum if I sit on the floor or a hard seat my thighs also go numb in bed when I lie on my side :yikes:
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby Flash » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:56 am

Hi Bebbe, not nice is it? My thighs go heavy sometimes and my hips go numb depending on which side I end up on. I was told it was due to nerve damage from the arthritis and also part of F.M. I also get numb feet sometimes and very painful heels and big toes nearly every morning. It is hard getting an explanation really... :banghead:
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby Bebbe » Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:21 pm

It seems we all have a lot in common, I also get pains in my heels as if the bones are trying to burst out of my skin very painful :yikes:
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Postby marianne p » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:10 pm

hi everyone, has anyone had probelms with numbness in hands and face? i dont feel anything if i cut my fingers by accident,waiting for a referal to neuro and pain clinic,rheumatology can not do any more for me and have discharged me again, marianne :scream-1: :!: :banghead:
marianne p
UKFM Member

Postby Bebbe » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:04 pm

Hi Marianne, I don't suffer from numbness to my face and hands mine is mainly from my thighs to my neck. Hope you get some answers from the neuro and pain clinic. :fingerscrossed:
Bebbe
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems