Sleep ...

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sleep ...

Postby izzymoo » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:36 pm

Wish i could!! Occasionally i will have a decent nights sleep but very , very rarely.I can usually fall asleep but by oneish im awake and thats it for a couple of hours , then off and on for the rest of the night. Sometimes a quick snack of carbs will help but im also diabetic so have to watch things. The other is reading. What do you take , use , whatever to help you sleep?
izzymoo
UKFM Newbie

Re: Sleep ...

Postby alikat1 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:07 pm

Hi there, I know all too well what it's like and it is a vicious cycle....the less sleep you get the worse you tend to feel....

I have tried a variety of sleep meds that did nothing for me. This past friday my doc finally agreed to zolpidem (so far it hasn't worked either...but i may nerd to up the dosage).

What does seem to work ok for me at times is a shot of Night Nurse! Also Atarax (prescription). Antihistamines do seem to help...even over the counter allergy pills like Piriton.

What I would say is your body adjusts quickly to any of these meds and they do lose their efficacy!

For me, i often have several hot baths at night. I switch between my heating pad and ice packs. As well i noticed that when I play somdthing on the ipodor tv sometimes i am lulled to sleep that way.

Talk to your doctor and explain how little sleep you are getting. My hubby is working on an app for fibro and i am the guinea pig re the sleep section he's currently working on. My doctor was much morea sympathetic and willing to give me stronger meds when i provided him with the chart/graph of my sleep pattern (up on average 14x a night with 2hrs average broken sleep ... if i sleep at all. That seemed to carve it re. His willingness to give me a more heavy duty script!

Sent from my MID_Serials using Tapatalk
alikat1
UKFM Member

Re: Sleep ...

Postby animalhouse » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:02 am

was given dosulepin which is another anti depressant that i take in the evening but it works for me.

as you said i have had to up my dose so i now take 3 x 25mg and have been great sleep for 8 hours at night as well as ususal fatigue/afternoon sleep in day.

noticed last couple of nights starting the 4ocklcok wake up again so may need to see doc as i suppose there is only so much you can up your dose. :nono:

hope you get some releif .

i find the falling asleep in front of iplayers works for me in afternoon. yesterday i fell asleep about 3/4 and didnt wake up until my daughter got in from school at quarter to 5 :roll: :roll: :sleep:

i have an under heat blanket tolie on cso can put taht on and off at night, we have 2 singles so that me and oh can turn them on/off at different times were about £10 each.. :-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems