Jaws!!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Jaws!!

Postby snowwhite1610 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:28 pm

hi all. hope this cold weather dissappears soon and takes some of our pain away with it!!!. maybe aswking too much there!!. lol

anyway...on what i wanted to ask./ does anyone else on here have trouble eating ie; joints of sliced meat like beef?. i manage to have about average 2 little pieces, after my husband or kids cut it for me on bad days, but i cant chew it properly as my top jaws ache so much. so all that i can eat at mo is really soft food like mash, veg, or soup. its getting really dire and now stared to lose weight!!. so not happy.

i asked my consultant today if this is normal and he said perfe ctly normal for fibro sufferers. i then asked him if the is anything that i can do to ease the pain. jids reply was no. no medication would help. but when i see my pain management doc on 8th feb he may be able to help and point me in the right direction!! hoping not too long too wait as i realy do love m joints of meat :( :( :( :cry: :cry:

but on a good note i can eat chocolate, [chocolate] cream cakes :cake: . suppose i am thinking that goodies like these will substitute meats and cheewy stuff!!. lol
snowwhite1610
UKFM Member

Re: Jaws!!

Postby Jaycee » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:32 pm

Hi snow white
Feel for you with this one, I get it for a few days now and then, but it eases in between to a more manageable level. We just live on chilli, rice, fish etc when bad, but I like your idea of cake and chocolate much more so might try that next time.
Hope the pain clinic can help, though personally have found that none of the pills I've tried touched the jaw pain when bad.
Take care.
J
Jaycee
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:38 pm

Sorry I have some pain but nothing like you are describing, have you spoken to your dentist, I know its not particularly your teeth but with it being your jaw maybe they can give you some advice ????? :goodluck2: and :fingerscrossed: it eases soon for you :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:21 pm

Hi snowhite

I dont have a problem with chewing my food, i was going to suggest the same as what Denys said have you mentioned it to the dentist? They might be able to help you.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby snowwhite1610 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:11 pm

thanks all. denys and shazq. i have recently had work done on teeth (after plucking up enough courage to go to the dentist) so know its nothing to do with my teeth :( . just really hope it clears off soon. really getting me down :roll:

just had shepherds pie with yorkshire pudding. could only manage half a yorkie before jaws started aching.

think i might have to try some ice cream to numb jaws. Sshhh! dont tell hubby.

xxx
snowwhite1610
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:13 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: enjoy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems