Vasovagal fainting

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Vasovagal fainting

Postby chookie » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:58 pm

Had a lovely lie in this morning only to be cut short by a vasovagal episode that saw the paramedics being called. I am ok, I have had these before but the pain was from undiagnosed Endometriosis and cysts.

This time it was an IBS spasm and it was searingly hot very low down. The pain started in bed and then I was trying to get a bowel movement and a pee out at the same time but it was tricky. My GP rang and said that it was nothing to worry about and to rest, which I did for another 4 hours.

Anyone else get these attacks? I have just started on anti spasmodic tablets Mebeverine so the irony is killing me :lol:
Fibromyalgia, M.E, IBS, General Anxiety Disorder, Dyspraxia, Discalculia
chookie
UKFM Member

Re: Vasovagal fainting

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:39 pm

It's been a long time since I had anything like that chookie, my last one was as all my symptoms and things really started to make them selves apparent. I ended up with a ride in an ambulance and a visit to A&E :shock: :shock:

I hope you're starting to feel a bit brighter after this latest episode, and as for the irony, I can assure you it wasn't wasted, that's the sort of thing that would happen to me as well :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Vasovagal fainting

Postby denys » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:02 pm

Hope you're feeling a little better chookie :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems