Hand Problems

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Hand Problems

Postby Roseofsharon » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:16 pm

Ldyalb wrote:I've been using foundation for about 6 years now. Initially I just used concealer but it sits so much better on foundation than bare skin..

The best thing I've found for it is this:

https://www.lush.co.uk/product/448/Ultr ... eanser-45g

I started using it in 2009 when I worked for Lush. I didn't suffer from Eczema or Rosacea during that time (it initially started in 2003). I've had flare ups of both since I stopped using it. I went back to it shortly before Christmas. Within days my skin was no longer peeling off my face and was less red. I had about a week of spots a few weeks in as all the icky stuff came out of my pores. I haven't had a single spot all year so far :-D one of my best friends uses it for her incredibly oily skin, I use it for my incredibly dry skin. It works well for any skin type. It's a bit pricey but lasts ages (you really do only need a teeny amount each time) - it removes waterproof mascara but lasts longer if you remove your eye make-up first and then cleanse your face. I use E45 lotion afterwards. If you live near a Lush pop in and ask for a skincare consultation, you'll probably be able to get a free sample of it to try.

I have to say thanks a lot! I popped up to lush in Bluewater on tuesday (it's a choice between bluewater and Maidstone for me, and I prefer Bluewater) and bought the cleanser on tuesday, along with their Eau roma toner and celestial moisteuriser, and they feel great! My poor skin has been so neglected, but I actually find myself looking forward to doing my face regime with them. I certainly would recommend them to others! I've been put off before by the price, but from now on I really will be using lush products.
I also bought the JML magic minerals powder, which contains special powders to cover up the high red, and I must say that although it didn't cover all of it up, it sure reduced the red down to a 'healthy' glow.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:12 pm

I love Eau Roma Water too :) I use water to remove it atm due to lack of funds (but now I'm in the WRAG I think I can stretch to the toner as a treat). If you want to use it to remove eye make-up I find you definitely need the help from the toner - water alone makes it harder to remove mascara etc.

I've not used Celestial myself, I used to use Skin Drink as my face is insanely dry. Celestial is one of their best sellers, I knew several people who swore by it. But even the Ultrabland on it's own is a little miracle worker :-D

I'm glad it's working well for you, it really does suit any skin type. Which is handy if you have combination skin, or skin which is very dry in winter but normal in summer etc.

Make sure you keep your black pots when they're finished with - if you take 5 black pots back to any Lush store for them to recycle they will give you a free face mask as a thank-you. Their face masks are fab so it's worth doing to get yourself a nice treat (oh and you can freeze them for up to 6 months, they all have a 2-3 week use by date on them from point of purchase so I tend to freeze half as I can't use a whole pot in 3 weeks).
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Roseofsharon » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:24 pm

I will definitely save my pots and get my free face mask :) Celestrial was recommended for me as i have both sensitive and dry skin on my face (most foundations bring me out in spots), and yes I was treating myself this week. I thought it was time to look after my skin after years of neglect.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:36 pm

When you get the facemask go for either Oatifix or BB Seaweed - they're great for sensitive skin. Oatifix is very moisturising (also good for hands and feet) but BB Seaweed is, IMO, the nicer smell and texture - it's lovely and cooling, great after a long day. I used Oatifix when I first got Ultrabland again last year as my skin was peeling off my face and needed a mega re-charge.

If you do get spots then you could also consider Catastrophe Cosmetic, it's the nicest smell of all their masks (blueberries mmm) and is good for fighting spots but without drying out drier and sensitive skins. But if your skin is very sensitive then I'd try one of the other two. I find Catastrophe ok for mine when a bit spotty but not overly dry. My nose is my oiliest part of my face so sometimes I'd use BB Seaweed on my face and Catastrophe just on my nose and cheeks where I put my foundation (it gives me spots too).
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby Roseofsharon » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:01 am

Thanks, they sound great. I will certainly be trying them.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems