Panicking newbie!

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Panicking newbie!

Postby wobblywoman » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:10 am

Help! I've just spent an awful night feeling sick, shivering, headache, I.B.S. and this gradually snowballed until I was in a total panic and crying my eyes out as feeling SO rough :( Don't recall doing anything to trigger this, so can these bouts come on out of the blue like this?
Have understandably woken in a lot of pain as got no sleep. Should I just rest completely today and get a nap later? Almost felt like a migraine, which I've had before but not for several years! Any advice welcome as feel very strange today. Thanks xxxx
wobblywoman
UKFM Member

Re: Panicking newbie!

Postby ninky » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:53 am

Hi, Hope you are beginning to feel a bit brighter.
All your symptoms are familiar to me so at least you can stop worrying . It's like hitting a brick wall made up of Flu and migraine. Do not try to do too much at all today as your energy levels are low.
People who suffer mild IBS cannot even begin to understand how debilitating it can be. i have had severe IBS for over 15 years and know how it can wipe you out.Though I will say just lately I have had more good days than bad ones , so these are the ones i concentrate on.
I would suggest you have a chat next time you go to your Doc and ask him if Paramax would help with the headaches and nauseous feeling. I find them a great help.
Get a cosy blanket out, lots of soft pillows and snuggle down on the sofa with tv on low volume( I think sitting in a quiet house does not help as it makes you think too much) for background noise. Drink plenty ( not easy to do when you feel your insides are fallin out) and try to stay as calm as possible.
NEVER feel guilty because of the way you feel. You did nothing to cause this so you cannot be responsible.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lin
ninky
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:56 pm

:wave: :wave: wobblywoman, I've moved your topic into this bit of the forum as it seemed more suitable for what you're asking.

Sometimes only the tiniest of things is enough to set things off, which can then flare up and floor you leaving you feeling like you are at the moment. Rest up as much as you can and hopefully things will start to settle back down for you soon :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: If they don't settle, you have another bout of what you felt last night, or are just generally worried, making an appt to see your GP might be worth considering, just to be sure there isn't anything else causing the problem.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:51 pm

Hi
Yes try and get some rest today, you might have a flare coming on, try not to panic as it will make you worse. Try to get some sleep if you can.
A hot water bottle might help with the pain. Rest is the best way to get over it. :hugs: hope you feel better soon, if you are still like it tonight then call your gp for advice as it might not be fibro related. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby wobblywoman » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:20 pm

Thank you folks! At least I am not going bananas!! Having a good rest with some lavender on my warm wheat pack and listening to my old dog, Shady, snoring in his bed - very sleep inducing! I'll make sure to have a light snack later - omelette or similar. Hope to have a much better :sleep: tonight. xxx to all.
wobblywoman
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems