Face tingling

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Face tingling

Postby 6611160 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:58 am

Has anybody ever had the sensation of parts of their face feeling slightly numb / tingling, much like when it's almost fully come back to life after a visit to the dentist? It's not completely numb but feels slightly desensitised and very mildly tingly, but I don't think it's right... :-?
UKFM Member

Re: Face tingling

Postby shelleydwales » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:33 pm

Hi there, I have suffered from numerous facial issues over the past year,i get a lot of numbness, constant muscle twitches ,pain in jaw and have twice had a complete droop on the right side like bells palsy.
I've seen neurologist ( awfull man!!:-x)
Apparently it's just "one of those things" ?????
These problems seem to come and go at the moment my face is fine:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
Have you spoken to your gp about it? It's always best to get things checked out!! Xxx
Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby 6611160 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:11 pm

I'm with the rheumy next week & GP in 3 weeks time so will chat to them about it.

Thanks
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:44 pm

Hi,

I had exactly the same thing which started in February last year. It worried me somewhat though I had ruled out a stroke as there was no drooping etc. It took several months befor the numbness/tingling went away.

I went to see my GP who checked me over and then she refered me to a Neurologist. Had MRI and lumbar punch to rule out MS or a tumour :yikes:

This was the start of my Fibro journey and I was 'officialy diagnosed by my Reumy last month, although my GP and Neurologist had sort of diagnosed FMS CFS in May.

Best to see your GP though

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby motherelephant » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:36 pm

I occasionally get tingling and slight numbness on the left side of my face ,this has happened over many years with no long term

affect . Motherelle x
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:42 pm

Same as motherelephant every now and again but no obvious signs of anything wrong so FM I suppose :dunno:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby difly » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:02 pm

hi yes I also experience tingling sensations and numbness in the face ,Dr thought i was avin a TIA spent night in hospital and Dr say not a stroke but fibro ???? left side of mouth droped also, its always somethin isnt it ??? carnt leave nothin to chance, wish gp would listen,
when i found out I had fibro thought gp would want regular review of condition but sadly not guess I have to keep going back and forth
take care hope things settle soon xxxx
difly
UKFM Member

Postby shelleydwales » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:19 am

Hi diffly,
I can't believe I have finally found someone who gets the droop aswell!!! Wasn't sure if it was fibro related but now think it must be!!
The first time it happend it lasted months and I was so self conscious,i have grown my hair to hide behind!!
Since then I haven't had it as bad or for as long but my muscles on affected side are still weaker.
Have you recovered fully?
Xx

Shell xxxx

shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby difly » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:07 am

hi shell no not fully recovered had the droop since last November some days its more noticable ,other days you can just about see it , it does cause some concerns when I see a dr that does not know me ,the other day i went for physio and they noticed droopy face for the first time .I know what you mean by being self conscious I do feel awkward sometimes ,many a time I stand looking in the mirrorr and pullin starange faces ,what next ??? take care xxxx
difly
UKFM Member

Postby MCT » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:58 pm

I get this a lot & it's horrible!

I find it's often accompanied by a tingling scalp too, I say tingling but sometimes it feels more like my skin's crawling, most uncomfortable it is too, even makes me shudder just thinking about it!
MCT
UKFM Member

Postby shelleydwales » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:47 am

Hi diffly,
Mine is worse some days than other also, i have been doing facial exercises that i saw originaly on this morning,they are for wrinkles but at least i feel im trying something!
My rightveye is still a bit lower on outside but when i smile the crease from nose to mouth is a completely different shape...that is what im trying to improve!!

I dread looking in mirror in the morning ! But i guess we just get on with it don't we!

Hope you are well hun xxx

Shell xxxx

shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby sweetleaf2 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:04 pm

Me too! Left eyelid droops and left side of mouth is a bit droopy too, and I have a tic occasionally....also on left side above my lip, my left eye is my "good" one as I can barely see out of the right one, so its more of a pain than it would have been if it had happened on the right side.
The tingling crawling sensation in the scalp makes me rush for a nit comb sometimes, esp if I have been with the Grandkids! I have mentioned it to my doc, and he has said its "one of those things" :facepalm: (hey, this smiley is more apt than usual)
I`m not over the hill I`m still climbing it, thats why I`m so tired all the time
sweetleaf2
UKFM Member

Postby shelleydwales » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:10 pm

I thought i was the only one !!! Im sorry you all have this ,but im feeling reasured that it may be fibro after all!!
one of my first posts on the forum was about bells palsey type symptoms and no one did at the time!

Hi sweetleaf,neuro said the same to me!!! It's so annoying!!! Xx
Shell xxxx

shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby ROSE123 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:57 pm

yes i suffer from this every morning when i get up and touch my face it feels like i have visited the dentist but as the day wears on it goes.
ROSE123
UKFM Member

Postby LibbyWick » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:39 pm

Hi All, does anyone's face tingling feel almost like a burn? I woke up this morning with the whole left side of my face and scalp tingling and burning, my eyes are all puffy and sore too. It's been here all day and seems to be on the inside as well as the outside and even down the left side of my throat. I just put everything down to FM these days... and I guess that could be a problem if it turns out it isn't - sometimes I think I'm just going crazy :crazy:
LibbyWick
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems