Effort - FM or Depression?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Katblack » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:20 pm

I'm finding everything in life is a lot of effort these days, would it be because of the FM or the Depression that comes with it, or a combination of both?

Sick to death of taking painkillers that don't help and feeling pants, it costs me so much just to sit at times, I'm not sleeping well but have to get on whatever happens or everything here just stops, it's so much effort, I need to go and try and chase my meds tomorrow but just don't feel like I can be bothered with it, I don't want to keep taking pills and spend all my time either at the Drs, chasing meds or measuring them out and swallowing them, this is not life, it is existence.

Sorry for being so down on the dumps, a rubbish nights sleep with dodgy dreams and not so much out-and-out pain as just discomfort and don't know what to do with myself is making me a bit grumpy and down in the dumps.
Kat x

Scoliosis, 2 major spinal surgeries, DDD in neck and lumbar spine, Spondylolisthesis, HMS and now FM!
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by." - Douglas Adams.
Katblack
UKFM Member

Re: Effort - FM or Depression?

Postby loubie » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:04 pm

hi kat
you sound just like me :yikes:
its horrid being like this and i hope the better weather coming
will be our friend :fingerscrossed:

i also need to go to docs but still haven't got through his door :roll:
i hope you feel better soon, wish we had some magic dust to sprinkle over all
of us :lol:

keep chin up kat :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:23 pm

I think it's a bit of everything Kat :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I have bouts like you're going thru, fed up with hurting, fed up of taking things that barely take the edge of how I feel, absolutely fecked off with having to be behind the teenage life form all the time chivvying him along and taking the brunt of his angst when he has to disconnect himself from the pc to do something he knows he should be doing but still needs screaming at to kick him into gear :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Katblack » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:48 pm

Thanks Ladies, sometimes it just helps a smidge to know you are not alone, as someone else said on here 'Fibro Sucks!'
:hugs:
Kat x

Scoliosis, 2 major spinal surgeries, DDD in neck and lumbar spine, Spondylolisthesis, HMS and now FM!
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by." - Douglas Adams.
Katblack
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:21 pm

I agree with the others Kat a mixture of everything and anything and hopefully things will start to improve for you soon :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Roseofsharon » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:05 pm

I also agree with everyone else, most likely it's a mixture of things.

I get hacked off about this. I don't think that there's anyone that can say that they don't get hacked off about this at times. I'm bad at forgetting my meds as I hate being tied down to a schedule that's not my own anymore :(.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:28 am

i was thinking of this yesterday as i was having another mull over my failed tribunal as that was their excuse dla that i couldn't be bother not ath i couldn;t.

but it occured to me = - is it any wonder we don;t want to do anything/as well as cant if we know it is going to inflict pain.

would anyone else do this - if we said to someone put your hand in a flame/fire they would get get \jdofjpd. so it is no wonder we don;t want to walk, lift our arms, weight bear when we know the pain and discomfort it will cause. wish i had thought of that for dla.
:roll: :roll:

then ultimately it leads to depression/low mood as our world/life gets smaler and smaller - so a bit of both i thinks too.

tis the holitic approach, looking at it from every angle - i also admit i sometimes begrudge doing things in our house when the oh adn 2 teenage daughters have gone to work/school and left me a sink full of pots and not emptied dishwasher. as much as i want to leave it for them in principal, i sometimes cant as i don;t want to spend all day looking at it so i sometimes just do a few pots at a time when i toddle over to make cups of tea throught the day - it is the same with meals - i gradually get stuff out of the freezer/cupboards for ideas for dinner or frozen meals that i can bung in microwave before they all get home for dinner.

there is also the look busy when they get in, get up off the settee so it doesn't look like you have been lying on it all day, clear a few bits of the side you have lft out such as milk so the place looks tidy agian when they get in. i tend to leave milk next to kettle so i don;t have to wonder all over the kitchen if i make a cuppa as kettle right next to sink and cups/milk so as little walking about as possible.

i think we just elearn to adjust and make our lives easier without realising how much sometimes. so don;t think its a lack of motivation as such.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby steve3 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:14 pm

Sounds familiar.
SteveT :penguin:
----
Dyslexic Bipolar Aspie. Having 'Fun' trying to decipher the universe every day... and then no energy to actually do it. FMS squared.

Carpe Diem: A jewel encrusted fish!
steve3
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems