high choleserol

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

high choleserol

Postby fliss » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:37 pm

hi all i went to a dermatology appointment today i hav psoriasis and hav suffered with it for over half of my life 3 yr ago my dermatologist prescribed neotigason tablets and they worked brilliantly iv seen a 95per cent change in my psoriasis and was reallly happy but at this app last wk he told me that the tablets r causing me to hav very high cholesterol now when he explained these tablets 3yr ago he never mentioned this to be a side effect now i hav to wait for him to get in touch with my gp for my gp to prescribe something now i know ur all thinkin whats this got to do with fibro well i asked him y had it happened to me and he tried to blame fibro so i was wonderin if any1 else had been diagnosed with high cholesterol and is it something to do with fibro and if so how is it treatable as i thought cholesterol was all to do with what u ate and i dont eat anythin with high fat levels in it,but i have noticed weight gain i used to weigh between 8 and half stone and 9 stone but now weigh 10stone 5 xx
fliss
UKFM Member

Re: high choleserol

Postby Roseofsharon » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:30 pm

Hi fliss I don't know if it's a part of fibro or not, but just over a year ago I was told that I had slightly high cholesterol and that I had to try and get it down with diet. There are a lot of myths that are propagated by the media, the best thing I can say is google the truth about cholesterol. There's a lot I could say about it but suffice to say that what we've been told and the truth are diametrically opposed to each other.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby Mrs T. » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:47 pm

I'm a wee bit overweight, not much and I hardly have any dairy food due to an intolerance. But, I also had a cholestrol count of over 7 and got put straight on statins.
This was before my diagnoses from the rhuemi. My gp was more interested in family history and once I explained that my parents were also both on statins he whacked me straight on them. My dad has had bowel cancer so him and my mum are on quite a regimented diet so I don't think it is anything food related in any of us.
I've just put it down to running in the family.
Mrs T.
UKFM Member

Postby difly » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:05 pm

hi fliss i too have high cholestrol funny enough diagnosis coinsided with fibro but dr say no connection they wanted to put me on statins but i thought didnt want any more meds so they give me 3 months to bring it down myself so with diet and soya lechtin i managed to bring it down to acceptable level ,and managed to avoid the statins , seems like you need to av a good talk to your gp , stay strong xxx
difly
UKFM Member

Postby fliss » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:49 pm

Thanks all at least its not something as serious as i thought,been thinking about strokes and heart attacks since being told,it was my dermatologist that has told me,he says its because of the tablets he prescribes me but that i cannot come off of them.i think i will phone my gp 2moro as im quite worried about it,iv always been slim until being put on painkillers approximately 8 yr ago and in the last 6 months iv put on about a stone.it has worried me as i dont eat fatty foods the only bad thing i eat/drink is whole milk but this is on the advice of my dermatologist.thanks again for ur replies xx
fliss
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems