Irritable bladder

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Irritable bladder

Postby chookie » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:40 pm

I remember my doctor telling me that along with IBS symptoms I also have a very irritable bladder, this was quite a while ago now. Today I received an appointment from the hospital to have a urine capacity test which involves tubes in various places :shock:

I don't drink too much during the course of a day/night as I would be on the throne permanently. What I do get is a slight irritation that is like cystitis that pops up now and again, lower stomach pains and a need to pass 'drops' of pee especially after I have just been.

Anyone else like this?
Fibromyalgia, M.E, IBS, General Anxiety Disorder, Dyspraxia, Discalculia
chookie
UKFM Member

Re: Irritable bladder

Postby lian » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:27 pm

yes i seem to go for pee several times an hour sometimes and its 'drops' like you say, but part of fibro is irratable bladder and/or bowel :oops: xx
lian
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:29 pm

Yes, i had an over active bladder and had tests done at the hospital, i had a prolapsed bowel & bladder so had to have an operation.

They can give you tablets which can help stop any leakage but they dont always work. It is common with fibro because of the weak muscles.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby masonsbarms » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:09 pm

hi i was diagnosed with this 18 months ago and i take solifenacin 5mg at njght and they have worked wonders for me no more crossing legs as you need to wee without warning no more dribbleing or uncomfortable feeling was a bit of a slog with the tests but well worth it hopr this helps x
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby animalhouse » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:59 pm

i have never had any bladder problems before and would not know what cystitis was like,

unfortunately after reading this post this evening i have noticed a feeling in my lower abdomen like my trousers are too tight pressing on my bladder all the time even when i have been.

they are the same tracky bottoms i wear all the time so it is not any sudden weight gain, but is this symtoms of this irritable bladder or cystitis, as i said i have never had it before, and if it persists do i need to see a doctor or do i just get over the counter help from boots or chemist. it is a very irritating feeling i have just been and it is not so bad but stil there is some feeling there not of needing to go but suddenly being aware of something pressing on my bladder or abdoment.

animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby masonsbarms » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:40 pm

hi annimalhouse yes this could be a sign a feeling like your bladder being pressed could be a water infection or irratable bladder try drinking plenty lemon and barley water for a couple of dats if this dosnt help i would see your gp this is one subgect i can help on but dont leave it to long x
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:53 pm

Hi animalhouse

With cystitis it normally burns/stings when passing urine and you get the urge to want to go all the time but once you get to the loo only a few drops come out.

Lower down pressure pain could be due to an infection? but drinking lots of water can normally flush it out.

You can get over the counter sachets to drink if you have cystitis.

If you still have it after a couple of days mention it to your Gp. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems