tests....again

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

tests....again

Postby mand » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:35 pm

Well as my hubby put it.....your having the camera crew in sir richard one end bear grhylls the other :crazy: hhmmm nice not :shock: , im having a gastroscopy and flexible sigmoidoscopy at the same time in an assesment unit ( one of the big nhs vans) i have a time slot to ring and they will give me a time ect

my hubby is concerned as he had the lower part done without without sedation and he has stressed that i have it done in hospital WITH sedation rather than at a unit...... i have been diagnosed with IBS and now having tests for celioac disease they they will take a sample out of stomach, and look for anything else that is irritating my tum, and below for inflamations and double check ok :shock: :yikes: o..eck

has anybody had tests and do you think i will need sedation.....talk about a double whammy, im concerned with pain, recovery and my lack of dignity...............mandy
mand
UKFM Member

Re: tests....again

Postby denys » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:20 pm

Mandy unfortuantely you will need to leave your dignity at the door and pick it up again on your way out, I would hope they will offer you sedation as having the 2 done at the same time might stress you out considerably.

I havent had the procedure but wish you well with it and hope they can identify what is upsetting your tum :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:22 pm

My eyes are watering for you at the thought of having them both done together mandy :shock: :shock: :yikes: :yikes: Could you contact them to ask about the sedation factor?? They could just :hit1: :hit1: people on the head as they go thru the door for sedation :shock: :shock:

Seriously tho mandy, hope they both go well for you and you get some answers about what is happening in your innards :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :goodluck2: :goodluck2:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:30 pm

HI Mand

I have had an endoscopy and an colonoscopy done at the same time.

Cant remember which one they did first but for the mouth they squirt some anaesthetic spray into throat to numb it, you are sedated so its not very painful once its passed your throat its not to bad.

With the bottom end you are laid on your side while they put camera into you, i have had this done many times and having it again next week :roll: sometimes you fall asleep and are not aware of anything it depends of how much sedation they give you but they do like you to be awake in case they have to move you.
I normally watch what they are doing on the tv screen.

It can be a bit uncomfortable at times it just depends on how high they need to go.

:goodluck1: with it. :hugs:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby mand » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:32 pm

ON TWO WEEK COUNTDOWN............. :-? im off stomach meds, 5htp, peppermint oil and omega caps, now only taking painkillers and IBS stuff hope im going to be ok.........denys im putting my dignity in my handbag...if i leave it near the door someone might nick it :lol: ,

ive decided to have them both done at once ...well its over and done with, do you think i need time off work to recover. Many thanks mandy
mand
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems