Nerve-like pain?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Nerve-like pain?

Postby xMandiex » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:36 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has this....I've noticed recently that I'm getting what I can only describe as nerve like pain going from my shoulder joint down into my upper arm. It's not overly painful, just more uncomfortable than anything, and I'm just wondering if this could be to do with fibro?? x
xMandiex
UKFM Member

Re: Nerve-like pain?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:28 pm

I have sensations like you're describing Mandie, from knee to thigh and the other way round, elbow to wrist and back again, ankle to toes etc. Mine is FM related, so yours could well be a similar thing. If it's worrying/bothering you at all, it might be worth considering having it checked out, just to be sure there isn't anything else at work.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby xMandiex » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:00 pm

Thanks for your reply Fluppy, will mention it to the doc next time I'm there x
xMandiex
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:41 pm

I get something like this to Mandie and agree with Flup get it checked just to be sure :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby lolabolla » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:52 pm

That's how my 'frozen shoulder' started, deffinately get it checked out. I struggled for months with the pain only to end up having to have cortisone injections, which btw aren't working!
Of course yours could be fms, but from my own painfull experience, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby Marlou » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:01 pm

i get nerve pain all through my body. Plus senstivity in my teeth :(
Marlou
UKFM Member

Postby Radar8407 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:25 pm

I get burning pains in my thighs . I don't know if that's nerves or not!
When your life feels lost. Fight against all odds! Never give in. Never back down!
Radar8407
UKFM Member

Postby jillybee » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:51 am

Hi xMandiex.....

I am suffering exactly what you describe at the minute. It`s a nightmare, the pain is pretty unbearable at times, I`m having trouble getting to sleep at night and staying asleep.
I am on oxycontin 20mgs and lyrica 300mgs , fluxotine 20mg and singular daily. I am finding i have to take more breakthrough pain relief in the form of neurofen/neuromol to cope.
The only relief i get is holding a heat pad/hot water bottle against it, I am now getting the pain in my left leg (knee area) Tonight i have taken 2mg of diazepam (valium) to see it helps.

Has anybody any other methods of pain relief i might try?

Jilly x
jillybee
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:45 pm

Hi Jillybee

You could try a wheat bag you heat them in the microwave, that will wrap around your leg/knee or a Tens machine.
hot baths might help you relax.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby marianne p » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:17 pm

i get nerve pain in my face and it goes numb,i also get what are like electic shooting pains down my arms and hands and hips and legs,does anyone also get swelling of hands,fingers and knees? :scream-1: marianne p
marianne p
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems