Fibro Symptons and Lymes Disease

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro Symptons and Lymes Disease

Postby make a wish » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:23 pm

I have just read an article on Lymes disease which is caused by tick bites. It made me delve further and trawl the net for more info. I had a bite or sting a few years ago whilst walking my dog in a wooded area. After about a week of thinking it was just a bite it had swollen to the size of a satsuma so I went to the docs. They pulled something out which was part of an insect, but were not quite sure what it was. I was given special plasters to draw out the pus and then had to have the cyst that it had caused surgically removed.

Apparently late Lymes disease can give the same symptons as fibro,including the pressure points, and more relevant to myself can produce swollen parotid glands. Other than Sjogrens syndrome I havent found anything else that causes these glands to swell (not even fibro).

It has just put a doubt in my mind, so I will mention this to my GP when I see him again in a couple of weeks.

Has anyone else heard of this or been diagnosed with Lymes disease, or am a clutching at straws again because Lymes disease is treatable. make a wish
make a wish
UKFM Member

Re: Fibro Symptons and Lymes Disease

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:42 pm

I've heard of Lymes Disease, but haven't come across anyone who has suffered with it :-? :-? :-?

It's probably with being taken out daily by the doglet, but I'm probably over cautious, verging on paranoid where ticks and things are concerned and always check both of us to make sure nothing nasty has decided to come home with us :nono: :nono: :nono:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:44 pm

Make a wish, there was a post about this ages and ages ago, someone else had a similar story to yours, not sure what the outcome was so I would say get it checked out you have nothing to lose :fingerscrossed: :goodluck1:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby make a wish » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:55 am

Thanks for your replies. My GP on hols at moment. Next appointment not for a couple of weeks, but I will speak to him about it then. We went to Canada a couple of years ago and visited areas where Lymes is apparently very common. That could even have some bearing as well as all my doggy walks here in the UK. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
Just have to wait and see .... again . :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
make a wish
make a wish
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems