Light headed-ness.

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Light headed-ness.

Postby tyrannosauRoss » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:19 pm

Been getting a bit concerned about feeling light headed tonight, it's almost like a force in my head is pushing my head around or changing the point of gravity.

As weird as it sounds it's like when putting a coat hanger over the head and how that changes how the movement feels.

Anybody have any idea?
tyrannosauRoss
UKFM Member

Re: Light headed-ness.

Postby pixiecat » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:05 pm

Hi, I have this light headed feeling and slight dizzyness, I discribe it like being on a boat
my doctor said I have vertigo so maybe you need to get checked out just to make sure
it happens to me when sitting down as well as standing

Lorraine
pixiecat

Light headed-ness.

Postby Mozza » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:11 pm

I have that kind of vertigo as well, deafness in my right ear has caused it. Also feeling really fuzzy as just started citalipram on top of evrything else!!! Rattle rattle rattle ;-/ xxm
Mozza
UKFM Member

Postby 2steps » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:58 pm

I've always had this, mine is orthostatic hypotension, it happens when I've been sitting and then stand up.I used to get it when I got out of the bath. It's like you are about to faint.

2steps
2steps
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:57 pm

I'm another supporting the "have it checked out" option Ross. There could be a number of reasons for you feeling like you've described, so having it looked into would be better, if only for your own peace of mind.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby tyrannosauRoss » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:23 pm

infact a boat would be a good way to describe it.
tyrannosauRoss
UKFM Member

Postby Sazzle » Fri May 11, 2012 7:46 pm

Like a boat or that feeling you get when the lift sets off for me. If am walking along and I turn my head to the side at all to look round I got that feeling for a couple of seconds, often accompanied by a "whomf whomf" noise in my ears.

I got checked out by audiology, did the standing on the shaking shack floor thing, with a harness on, quite disturbing and made me feel not right for the rest of the day. I had also had the things in my ears to test how the eardrums reacted under pressure, and the noise tolerance test. Those results were apparently in range, my basic hearing is very good, ears of a 20 year old! My sensitivity to noise is apparently mild :dunno:

Had to request follow up appointment which the consultant was agreeable to. He said he thought it was tied in with the migraines I used to have, which I haven't had for many years now. He got me to march on the spot with my eyes closed. After a minute I had turned about 90 degrees to my left. He gave me some exercises to do, some of which I just can't do, like throwing and catching a ball with one hand! He said it kind of retrains your brain to cope better.

They are at the bottom of this page http://www.entkent.com/Cawthorne-Cooksey.html
Alannis Morisette if you don't want those 10,000 spoons I have a knife, wanna swap?
Sazzle
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems